/,regjʊ'lærətɪ; ,rɛˇjə`lærətɪ/ n [U] state of being regular 规律性; 规则性; 经常性
*regularity of attendance at church 经常去教堂做礼拜
* They meet with great regularity. 他们定期会面.
when the same thing keeps happening often, especially with the same amount of time between each occasion when it happens
Climate change is disrupting the regularity of the seasons.
with alarming/increasing etc regularity
Our team kept losing with monotonous regularity (=in a way that seems boring or annoying) .
[U and C]
when something is arranged in an even way
the regularity of his features
1. The same old favourites recur year in year out with monotonous regularity. 一些相同的老嗜好年复一年地以单调的规律重现。
2. The same old favourites recur year in year out with monotonous regularity. 一些相同的老嗜好年复一年地以单调的规律重现。
3. The same old favourites recur year in year out with monotonous regularity. 相同的决心以单调的规律年复一年地出现。
4. The great characteristic of the Nile is the regularity of its floods. 尼罗河的最大特征就是河水定期泛滥。