n.释放,让渡,豁免,发行的书,释放证书 vt.释放,解放,放弃,让与,免除,发表 n.版本,发布
动词过去式:released 过去分词:released 现在分词:releasing 第三人称单数:releases
1 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb/sth (from sth)
(a) allow (a person or an animal) to go; set free or liberate sb/sth 放走（人或动物）; 释放或解放某人[某事物]
*release a prisoner, hostage, kidnap victim, etc (from captivity) 释放囚犯、人质、被 持者等
* release a rat from a trap 把老鼠从夹子上放走
* release the horses into the paddock 把马放入围场
* She gently released herself from his arms/embrace. 她轻轻地从他的双臂[拥抱]中挣脱.
* (law 律) The robber was released on bail. 该 犯交保释金後获释.
* (fig 比喻) Death released him from his sufferings. 死神解脱了他的痛苦.
(b) (fig 比喻) free (sb) from an obligation 免除（某人）的义务或责任
*release sb from a promise, duty, undertaking, etc 不要某人履行诺言、尽义务、承担任务等
* release a monk from his vows 准许一僧人还俗.
2 (a) [Tn] remove (sth) from a fixed position; cause (sth) to move freely 将（某物）从固定位置上移走; 使（某事物）自由移动
*release the clutch, handbrake, eg of a lorry 松开离合器、手闸（如卡车上的）
* release a switch, catch, lever, etc 断开开关、松开掣子、放松手柄
* release the trigger, eg of a rifle 松开扳机（如步枪上的）
* use oil to release a rusted lock 给生 的锁加油使之松动.
(b) [Tn, Tn.pr] (used esp in the expressions shown 尤用于以下示例) let go (one's hold of sb/sth) 放弃（对某人[某事物]的掌握或控制）
*release one's grip (on sth) 松开手（不再抓紧某物）
* release one's grasp (of sth) 松开手（不再抓住某物）.
3 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (from sth) (fml 文) allow sth to fly, fall, etc 让某物飞走、落下等
*release an arrow, bomb, etc 射箭、投掷炸弹
* The bullet is released from the gun at very high speed. 子弹自枪膛中高速射出.
4 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (to sb/sth)
(a) allow (news, etc) to be made known 发布（新闻等）
*The latest developments have just been released to the media. 最新的进展情况已向大众传播媒介发表.
* The police have released no further details about the crime. 警方没有透露这一罪案进一步的详情.
(b) make sth available to the public 向公众提供某事物
*release a film, book, record, etc 发行影片、书、唱片等
* The new model has now been released for sale (to export markets). 新型号的产品现已（向出口市场）出售.
5 [Tn] (law 律) give up (a right, title, property, etc) to sb else 将（权利、头衔、财产等）让与他人.
1 [U, C] ~ (from sth) releasing or being released 放走; 释放; 解脱; 免除; 放松; 投掷; 发表; 让与
*an order for sb's release from prison/captivity释放某人出狱[解除某人监禁]的命令
* a feeling of release, ie of freedom 获得解脱的感觉
* (fig 比喻) Death is often a welcome release from pain. 死神往往是解除痛苦的救星.
* the release of a film, record, book, newsflash 影片的发行、唱片的发行、书籍的发行、简要新闻的发表
* The film is on general release, ie is being shown widely at local cinemas. 该影片发行面很广（当地影院普遍放映）.
2 [C] thing released (release 4b) 发行或发表的事物
*the latest releases, ie records, films, etc 最新的发行物（唱片、影片等）
* a `press release, ie of news, etc for printing or broadcasting 新闻稿（供报道或广播）.
3 [C] handle, lever, catch, etc that releases part of a machine 松开机件用的把手、手柄、掣子等; 释放器; 脱扣器; 松脱器
*the `carriage release, ie on a typewriter 滑架释放杆（打字机的）
* [attrib 作定语] a re`lease gear 释放装置
* the re`lease button, knob, etc 释放按钮、旋钮等.
1. Johnson won't release exact numbers, but he says the company sells "several million roses" a year. 虽然约翰逊不愿透露具体数目，但他说公司每年售出"几百万支玫瑰"。