vt.移动,开除,移交 vi.迁移,搬家 n.移动,距离,班级,升级
名词:remover 动词过去式:removed 过去分词:removed 现在分词:removing 第三人称单数:removes
1 (esp fml 尤作庄重语)
(a) [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth/sb (from sth) take sth/sb away from one place to another 将某物[某人]移到别处; 移开
*remove the dishes (from the table) （从餐桌上）撤去碗碟
* remove one's hand from sb's shoulder 把放在某人肩上的手移开
* The statue was removed to another site. 塑像已挪到另一地方.
* They were removed from the English class, eg to have special lessons. 他们已从英语班转走（如上专设课）.
(b) [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb (from sth) dismiss sb from a post, etc 免去某人的职务等
*remove a diplomat from office 免除一外交官的职务
* He was removed from his position as chairman. 他被撤去主席的职务.
(c) [Tn] take off (clothing, etc) from the body 脱下（衣服等）
*remove one's hat, coat, gloves, etc 摘下帽子、脱掉大衣、摘下手套
* remove the bandages/plaster from sb's arm 解掉某人手臂上的 带[揭掉某人臂膀上的橡皮膏].
2 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (from sth)
(a) get rid of sth by cleaning 去掉或清除某物
*remove graffiti from the subway walls 除去人行隧道墙上乱涂乱画的痕迹
* Washo removes stains! Washo一到, 污迹全掉!
* She removed her make-up with a tissue. 她用纸巾擦掉脂粉.
(b) cause sth to disappear; eliminate sth 使某物消失; 消除某物
*remove superfluous hair 剪去多余的毛发
* (fig 比喻) remove problems, difficulties, objections, etc 解决问题、克服困难、消除反对意见
* remove doubts, fears, etc from sb's mind 消除某人的疑虑、恐惧等
* The threat of redundancy was suddenly removed. 裁员的危险顿时消除了.
3 [Ipr] ~ (from sth) (fml 文) go to live or work in another place; move 移居; 迁移
*We are removing from London to the country. 我们正从伦敦迁往乡下.
* Our suppliers have removed to Bath. 我们的供应厂商已迁往巴斯.
4 (idm 习语) once, twice, etc removed (of cousins) belonging to a different generation （指堂、表亲戚）隔一代、两代...的
*a first cousin once removed, ie a first cousin's child 堂或表兄弟姐妹的子或女.
1 ~ (from sth) (fml 文) stage or degree of difference or distance (from sth) 差别或距离的阶段或程度; 差距; 间距
*Your story is several removes from the truth. 你的说法与事实有些距离.
* feel a child's suffering at one remove, ie as a parent 身为父母感受到孩子的痛苦.
2 (Brit) class or division in some schools, esp for pupils of about
1. Harry went on to explain that ´myrolite´ was a hard, amber-like substance which could be used to remove freckles. 哈里便进一步解释"密诺莱特"是一种质地坚硬、状似琥珀的东西，可以用来除去雀斑。
2. All air in Billion City would be passed through a cleaning system to remove dust particles, pollen, noxious gases and other pollutants. 十亿人口城市中所有的空气都通过净化系统来消除灰尘、花粉、有害气体及其它污染物。
3. Most surgeon would have cut his leg off, but Hunter saw how he could remove the tumour and treat the leg so that within 6 weeks the man was quite well again. 大多数外科医生一定会截肢。但亨特明白他怎样将肿瘤切除并医治这条腿，结果，6周之内这位病人恢复得相当不错。
4. He threatened to remove them by force. 于是警察威胁要强行使他们离开。
5. Remove the rain cover and let the sun heat the sleeping bag. 把雨蓬拿开，让太阳把睡袋晒热。
6. Is there any way to remove the ink blot on my dress? 有什么办法去掉我衣服上的墨迹吗?
7. It was so heavy that a crane had to be used to remove it from the lorry. 这块饼干重到非用吊车把它从卡车上吊起不可。
8. It was so heavy that a crane had to be used to remove it from the lorry. 饼干份量太重了，用了一台起重机才把它从卡车上卸下。
9. I remove the lid from a jar of skin cream and put some on the palm of my hand. 我打开护肤霜的瓶盖，揩了一些在手心。
10. I also told them, "I can remove the tube and just let him swallow whatever he can. 我还告诉他们说："我可以把导管拿掉，就让他吃些他能吃得下的东西。