n [C] armed rebellion; revolt 武装反叛; 造反; 起义
*Troops put down a rising in the capital. 部队平息了发生在首都的叛乱. adv (idm 习语) ,rising `five, twelve, etc (of a child) nearly five, twelve, etc years old （指儿童）近五岁、十二岁等.
The Autumn Harvest Uprising was an insurrection that took place in Hunan and Jiangxi provinces, China, on September 7, 1927, led by Mao Zedong, who established a short-lived Hunan Soviet.
1. But suppose the earth could be covered with sensors spaced one foot apart, rising at one-foot intervals all the way to the top of the atmosphere. 假设地球上可以布满传感器，每个相隔1英尺，并按1英尺的间隔从地面一直排列到大气层的顶端。
2. We realized that they must have become unduly frightened by the rising flood. 我们看得出，上涨的洪水一定使他们怕得过分了：他们的房子有极好的地基，即使大水没顶也能稳当地顶得住。
3. We realized that they must have become unduly frightened by the rising flood, 我们意识到他们一定是被不断上涨的洪水吓坏了。
4. Women now form more than half the workers; the percentage is rising as they start up small businesses of their own, often working from home. 如今妇女占劳动者数量的一半以上；随着她们建立起了自己的小公司，且常常在家上班，这一比例还在上升。
5. The ancient Egyptians compared the rising of the sun to the beginning of life and the setting of the sun to the end of life. 这是因为古代埃及人把日出比作生命的开始，把日落比作生命的结束。
6. Nothing can be compared, he maintains, with the first cockcrow, the twittering of birds at dawn, the sight of the rising sun glinting on the trees and pastures. 他坚持认为，凌晨雄鸡第一声啼叫，黎明时分小鸟吱喳欢叫，冉冉升起的朝阳染红树木、牧场，此番美景无与伦比。
7. A.Despite rising prices, you refuse to change your eating habits. a.尽管价格上涨，你拒绝改变你的饮食习惯。
8. After switching on powerful arc lights, they saw great stalagmites---- some of them over forty feet high ---- rising up like tree-trunks to meet the stalactites suspended from the roof. 他们打开强力弧光灯，看见一株株巨大的石笋，有的高达40英尺，像树干似地向上长着，与洞顶悬挂下来的钟乳石相接。
9. Steam is rising from the kettle. 蒸汽从茶壶中冒出.
10. “The reality is that trends like unmarried mothers, rising divorce rates and smaller households are not unique to America, but are occurring worldwide.” 事实上，像未婚妈妈的出现、离婚率上升和家庭变小这样的趋势，不是美国独有的，而是发生在世界各地。"