名词:risker 动词过去式:risked 过去分词:risked 现在分词:risking 第三人称单数:risks
1 [C, U] ~ (of sth/that...) (instance of the) possibility of meeting danger or suffering harm, loss, etc 危险; 风险
*Is there any risk of the bomb exploding? 这个炸弹有爆炸的危险吗?
* You shouldn't underestimate the risks of the enterprise. 你不应低估这一计画的风险.
* There's no risk of her failing/that she'll fail. 她不会有失败的危险.
* insure a house for all risks, ie fire, theft, etc 给房子保综合险（火险、盗窃险等）
* [attrib 作定语] an all-risks policy 综合保险保单
* an investment involving a high degree of risk 风险很大的投资.
2 [C] person or thing insured or representing a source of risk 被保险的人或物; 保险对象; 产生危险的根源
*He's a good/poor risk. 他是个风险很小[很大]的保险对象.
* All the people who know this secret represent a security risk. 凡是知道这个秘密的人都对安全造成危险.
3 (idm 习语) at one's own risk agreeing to make no claims for any loss, injury, etc 自担风险（同意不要求赔偿损失、损害等）
*Persons swimming beyond this pointdo so at their own risk, ie No one else will take responsibilityfor whatever happens to them. 游泳者超越此界限若有意外後果自负. at `risk threatened by the possibility of loss, failure, etc; in danger 有危险; 冒风险
*put one's life at risk 冒生命危险
* The whole future of the company is at risk. 公司的整个前途受到威胁.
* My job is at risk, ie I may be made redundant. 我的工作保不住了（我遭受到裁减的危险）. at the risk of (doing sth) with the possibility of (doing sth) 冒可能（做某事）的危险
*At the risk of sounding ungrateful, I must refuse your offer. 我甘受拂逆盛情之嫌, 也必须谢绝你的提议. at risk to sb/sth with the possibility of losing or injuring sb/sth 冒失去或殃及某人[某事物]的危险
*He saved the child at considerable risk to himself/to his own life. 他冒着极大的生命危险救了那个孩子. a calculated risk => calculate. run the risk (of doing sth); run `risks do sth that exposes one to a danger, possibility, etc 冒自身危险做某事
*We can't run the risk (of losing all that money). 我们不能冒（失掉全部钱的）风险.
* He runs more risk of being arrested. 他冒的被逮捕的危险更大.
* She runs the same risks. 她也在冒这样的风险. take a `risk/`risks do sth that involves the possibility of failure, danger, etc 冒险做可能失败、有危险等的事
*You can't get rich without taking risks. 人不冒险不富.
* That's a risk I'm prepared to take. 那是我愿意冒险做的事情.
1 [Tn] expose (sb/oneself) to danger 使（某人[自己]）面临危险
*risk one's health, fortune, neck (ie life) 冒丧失健康、财富、生命之险.
2 [Tn, Tg] accept the possibility of (sth) 甘愿承受可能发生的（某事）
*risk failure 失败亦在所不惜
* risk getting caught in a storm 不怕赶上暴风雨.
1. Especially the very young, the elderly and cigarette smokers are at high risk. 尤其是孩子、老人和吸烟者受到的危害最为严重。
2. Women of child-bearing age are at greatest risk, since their monthly bleeding is a major source of iron loss. 育龄女性危险最大，因为月经是铁流失的重要原因之一。
3. While this eliminates risk and helps to insure that the man and woman will be similar in background and outlook, the theory is that the personalities of the couple provide enough differences to make the relationship interesting. 虽然这种做法排除了风险，也有助于确保男女双方有相同的背景和观点，但从理论上来说，是夫妻个性方面的差异才使得婚姻关系引人入胜。
4. The golden rule here is spread your risk 这里的指导原则是：分散你的投资风险。
5. The thinner and higher the heel, the greater the risk of foot and back problems. 鞋跟越细、越高，引起足、背疾病的风险就越大。
6. They make it simple and explain the risk of catching AIDS to friends their own age much better than an adult can. 这些青少年使这门课程变得简单易学，并向他们的同龄朋友解释感染艾滋病的危险性，他们干得比成年人出色得多。
7. The stylists also emphasize that everyone is at risk and that all of us have a right to protect ourselves — regardless of marriage status. 发型设计师们也强调每个人都存在着危险，所以我们每个人都有权保护自己--不管婚姻状况如何。
8. To reduce these seniors' risk of falling, Tinetti used multiple methods, including having an exercise teacher go to a person's home and teach balance exercises. 为了降低这些老年人摔跤的风险，蒂内提使用了多种方法，包括请运动教练登门教授平衡练习法。
9. They can reproduce naturally and resign themselves to the risk of passing on the disease to the child. 他们可以自然生育，但却要 冒着把疾病遗传给孩子的风险；
10. Needless to say, the bigger the risk an insurance company takes, the higher the premium you will have to pay. 不用说，保险公司承担风险越大，你付的保险费也就越高。