名词:rower 动词过去式:rowed 过去分词:rowed 现在分词:rowing 第三人称单数:rows
1 number of people or things arranged in a line 一行; 一排; 一列
*a row of books, houses, desks 一排书、房子、书桌
* standing in a row/in rows 站成行
* plant a row of cabbages 种植一行洋白菜.
2 line of seats across a theatre, etc （戏院等的）成排坐位
*the front two rows 前两排坐位
* [attrib 作定语] a ,front-row `seat 前排坐位.
3 (idm 习语) in a row one after another; in unbroken sequence 一个接一个地; 连续不断地
*This is the third Sunday in a row that it's rained. 这是接连着的第三个星期天下雨了.
1 [I, Ipr, Ip, Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] propel (a boat) by using oars 划（船）
*Can you row? 你会划船吗?
* They rowed (the boat) across (the river). 他们划（船）过了河.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] carry (sb/sth) in a rowing-boat 用划艇运载（某人[某物]）
*Row me across (the river). 划船把我送到对岸去吧.
3 (a) [Tn, Tn.pr] perform in a race, etc against (sb) by rowing 与（某人）进行划船比赛等
*We're rowing Cambridge in the next race. 我们在下一次划船比赛中要跟剑桥大学队较量.
(b) [I, Ipr] be an oarsman in a racing-boat's crew （在赛艇上）当划桨队员, 划船
*row for Cambridge 在剑桥队当划船运动员
* He rows (at) No
5 (ie in this position) for Oxford. 他是牛津大学船队的
n (usu sing 通常作单数) outing in a boat that one rows; period of rowing 划船游玩; 划船时间
*go for a row 去划船
* a long and tiring row 划船很长很累的一段时间.
n (infml 口)
1 [U, sing] loud noise; uproar 大的噪声; 吵闹
*How can I read with all this row going on? 吵闹的声音这样大, 我怎能读书呢?
* Could you please make less (of a) row? 请你别那么大声嚷嚷好吗?
* kick up a row 大声吵闹.
2 [C] noisy or violent argument; quarrel 大声而激烈的争论; 吵架
*I think they've had a row. 我想他们一定吵架了.
* the continuing row over the Government's defence policy 关于政府防务政策的无休止的争论. =>Usage at argument 用法见argument.
3 [C] instance of being criticized, scolded, etc 受批评、挨骂等
*I got/She gave me a row for being late. 因为我迟到了, 我挨了批评[她批评了我].
v [I, Ipr] ~ (with sb) quarrel noisily 大声争吵
*They're always rowing, ie with each other. 他们总是吵架.
* rowing (with his employers) over money （与雇主）在钱的问题上争吵.
Edward Sydney Morrow (1934-2003) Anglican priest and anti-apartheid activist in Namibia, England, Swaziland, Zimbabwe and South Africa.
1. The front deck might seem a frightening place for the rest of the town, but it was a front row seat for me. 上门前平台去可能会吓坏镇上其他人，但对我来说，那儿就像前排座位一样。
2. To get out, I would have to climb back down the narrow ladder from the tower and walk past the long row of "salarymen"(薪水阶层)and "office ladies" lined up behind me at an amusement park (游乐园) named Tokyo Roof(东京屋顶). 要出去，就得顺着窄窄的梯子从高塔上往下爬，走过排在我后面的长长的一列"薪水阶层"、"办公室女郎"。这一切发生在一个叫做"东京屋顶"的游乐园里。
3. His home was a small house, one of a long row of similar ones. 他住在一所小房子里，是一长排样式相同的房子中的一所。
4. Did you row boats? 你们有没有划船?
5. An endless row of two-story motels have been set up along the freeway. 沿着高速公路已经建起了一排看不到尽头的两层楼的汽车旅馆。
6. Somebody called the police and there was a terrific row. 有人去喊来了警察，接着是一阵激烈的争吵。
7. In a nearby class, eight children, each about 3, sat politely in little chairs in a row as a teacher held up pictures of a kite and other objects, calling on the students to identify them. 在旁边的一个班上，有八个年约3岁的孩子，乖乖地坐在一排小椅子里。老师一边拿着风筝以及其他物体的图片，一边叫他们辨认。"