(of an agreement, a document, etc) become no longer valid; expire （指协议、文件等）失效, 过期
*The lease on our flat runs out in a few months. 我们公寓的租约还有几个月就到期了.
* My passport has run out. 我的护照已失效. run out (of sth) (of a supply of sth) be used up, finished or exhausted; (of a person) use up or finish (a supply of sth) （指供应品）用完, 耗尽; （指人）用完, 耗尽（供应品）
*The petrol is running out/We are running out of petrol. 汽油快用光了[我们的汽油快用光了].
* Our time is running out/We are running out of time. 我们剩下的时间不多了.
* Could I have a cigarette? I seem to have run out (of them). 给我一枝烟好吗? 我的（烟）已经抽完啦. run (sth) out (of a rope, etc) be passed out; pass (a rope, etc) out （指绳索等）放出, 拉出; 将（绳等）放出, 拉出
*The rope ran out smoothly. 绳子顺顺当当地拉出来了.
* The sailor ran the line out neatly. 水手很利落地把绳子放出去了. run sb out (often passive 常用于被动语态) (in cricket) dismiss (a batsman who is trying to make a run) by striking the wicket with the ball before he has reached his crease （板球）将（跑动中可能得分的击球员）杀出局（即在其到位前用球击中三柱门）
*Border was (brilliantly) run out by Botham for 41. 博德获41分後, 博瑟姆一个漂亮球把他杀出局了.
1. Before he got the job, Mr. Torres was determined to escape the workshop run by the Lighthouse (灯塔), an organization dedicated to help people who can't see, and to try to make it on his own. 得到这份工作之前，他就决心离开"灯塔"所经营的一个工场——"灯塔"是一个专门为盲人提供帮助的机构。他想靠自己的能力去工作。
2. When he was driving along Catford Street recently, he saw two thieves rush out of a shop and run towards a waiting car. 最近，当他正开车在凯特福德街上行驶时，看到有两个小偷从一家商店里冲出来，奔向等在那里的一辆汽车，
3. With their eyes closed and bodies swaying, they run the course in their minds first, which improves their performance. 他们闭上眼，摆动身体，在头脑中先把整个滑雪道跑一遍，这能提高他们在实际比赛中的表现。
4. The sudden appearance of a policeman caused the thief to run away. 警察突然出现, 小偷就逃跑了.
5. The car is economical to run. 开这辆汽车费用很省。
6. To run a restaurant is a lucrative business. 经营餐厅是赚钱的生意。
7. Trains run on schedule without mishap. 列车运行安全正点。
8. The criminal on the run made his submission to the police at last. 在逃犯最后终于向警方屈服。
9. They run away. 他们总是逃之夭夭。
10. The people who run and teach at jukus say the schools are popular only because they work, creating a lively and interesting environment in which students learn because they are enjoying themselves. 在课外学校从事管理和教学的人说，他们学校之所以大受欢迎，乃是因为他们的工作创造了一个活泼而有趣的环境，在这样的环境中，学生因过得愉快而乐于学习。