n.匆促,冲进,急流,灯芯草 vi.冲,奔,闯,赶紧,涌现 vt.使冲,匆忙地做,突袭,飞跃,用 灯芯草做 adj.急需的
名词:rusher 动词过去式:rushed 过去分词:rushed 现在分词:rushing 第三人称单数:rushes
1 [I, Ipr, Ip, It, Tn.pr, Tn.p, Dn.n, Dn.pr] (cause sb/sth to) go or come with great speed （使某人[某物]）急速去或来
*take your time. 别急急忙忙的, 慢慢来.
* Water went rushing through the lock gates. 水流经水闸时十分湍急.
* The children rushed out of school. 孩子们飞快跑出学校.
* Don't rush away/off -- I haven't finished. 别急着要走--我还没完呢.
* People rushed to buy the shares. 人们抢着购买股票.
* Ambulances rushed the injured to hospital. 救护车把受伤的人火速送到医院.
* Relief supplies were rushed in. 救济品已急速送到.
* Please rush me (ie send me immediately) your current catalogue. 请将你方现有目录尽速寄来为盼.
2 [I, Ipr, Tn, Tn.pr] ~ (sb) (into sth/doing sth) (cause sb to) act hastily （使某人）仓促行事
*regret rushed decisions 对贸然做出的决定感到懊悔
* rush into marriage 仓促结婚
* Don't rush me -- this needs thinking about. 别催我--这事得考虑考虑.
* rush sb into signing a contract 催促某人匆匆签署合同.
3 [Tn] attack or capture (sb/sth) by a sudden assault 突袭（某人[某事物]）
*rush the enemy's positions, defences, etc 向敌人的阵地、防御工事等突然发起进攻
* Fans rushed the stage after the concert. 音乐会结束後乐迷涌向舞台.
4 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb/sth (for sth) (infml 口) charge (a customer, etc) a high or exorbitant price 向（顾客等）索高价, 敲竹杠
*How much did the garage rush you for those repairs? 汽车服务站敲了你多少修理费?
5 (idm 习语) run/rush sb off his feet => foot1. rush into `print publish sth without proper care or consideration 草率出版某物.
6 (phr v) rush sth out produce sth very quickly 匆促生产某物; 赶制某物
*Editors rushed out a piece on the crash for the late news. 编辑迅速将失事消息编入晚间新闻. rush sth through (sth) cause sth to become official policy, etc very quickly 使某事物很快通过成为官方政策
*rush a bill through Parliament 使一项法案在议会中仓促通过.
1 [sing] (instance of) rapid headlong movement or swift advance 急促的动作; 冲; 奔
*The tide comes in with a sudden rush here. 这里潮水来势汹涌.
* make a rush for the door 冲到门前
* People were trampled in the headlong rush. 大家拼命向前涌, 踩着了很多人.
2 [sing] sudden onset or surge of sth 突发; 突现
*a rush of blood to the cheeks 脸一下子红起来
* work in a rush of enthusiasm 凭着一股热情工作
* a rush of cold air, eg as a window is opened 一股冷空气（如开窗时）.
3 [sing, U] (infml 口) (period of) great activity 繁忙的活动（时刻）
*Why all this mad rush? 为什么要这样急急忙忙的?
* the Christmas rush, ie the period before Christmas when crowds of people go shopping 圣诞节前的购物热
* I'm in a dreadful/tearing rush (ie hurry) so I can't stop. 我忙得不可开交.
* have a bit of a rush on 要忙一阵子
* [attrib 作定语] a rush job, ie one done as quickly or as soon as possible 要尽快做妥的工作.
4 [C] ~ on/for sth sudden great demand for goods, etc （对货物等的）大量急需, 争购
*a rush on umbrellas, eg when there is heavy rain 争购雨伞（如下大雨时）.
5 rushes [pl] (infml 口) first print of a cinema film before it is cut and edited （电影）样片（未经剪辑者）.
n marsh plant with a slender pithy stem which is dried and used for making chair-seats, baskets, etc 灯心草（乾燥後用于编制椅面、篮子等）
*[attrib 作定语] rush matting 灯心草编织的席子.
1. When he was driving along Catford Street recently, he saw two thieves rush out of a shop and run towards a waiting car. 最近，当他正开车在凯特福德街上行驶时，看到有两个小偷从一家商店里冲出来，奔向等在那里的一辆汽车，
2. Then at last the miracle happened for which his unconscious mind had been seeking for so long. Falling into a sleeplike condition, he suddenly felt as though he were sinking in a mighty flood of water, and the rush and roar soon took musical shape wi 终于，他的潜意识长期以来一直在寻找的奇迹发生了。他进入了似睡非睡的朦胧状态，骤然间感觉到自己仿佛掉进了滔滔洪水之中,不断在下沉，很快，洪水的冲击声和咆哮声以音乐的形式呈现在他的脑海里。
3. Thus, a broken alarm clock in the movie The Pawnbroker became a "sick" patient undergoing surgery; boots were boiled in his film The Gold Rush and their soles eaten with salt and pepper like prime cuts of fish (the nails being removed like 因此，在《当铺老板》中，一个坏闹钟变成了正在接受手术的"病人"；在《淘金记》中，靴子被煮熟，靴底蘸着盐和胡椒被吃掉，就像上好的鱼片（鞋钉就像鱼骨那样被剔除）。
4. Don´t rush: take your time. 别急急忙忙的, 慢慢来.
5. During the rush hour one evening two cars collided and both drivers began to argue. 一天傍晚交通最拥挤时，一辆汽车撞上前面一辆汽车，两个司机争吵起来。
6. A woman you know well will rush towards you. 一位您很熟悉的女人将向您冲来。
7. "Then why the rush? Buy time, buy time," he remarked repeatedly. "那么干吗要这样着急？拖一段时间再说，拖一段时间再说," 他重复说着。
8. A foreigner’s first impression of the U.S. is likely to be that everyone is in a rush -- often under pressure. 外国人对美国的第一印象很可能就是：每个人都显得匆匆忙忙—常常是处于压力之下。
9. Someone at the hospital called the Red Cross office in Brooklyn, and a request for the boy to rush to Brooklyn was sent to the Red Cross director of the North Carolina Marine Corps camp. 医院有人给布鲁克林区的红十字办公室挂了电话，向北卡罗来纳州海军陆战队营地的红十字机构的主任发出请求, 让那个年轻人赶紧回布鲁克林。
10. In vain they rush frantically round from place to place, trying to escape from avenging boredom by mere clatter and motion. 他们到处奔乱跑，企图以闲聊和乱窜来摆脱无聊对他们的报复，