n.食盐,风趣,刺激 adj.含盐的,咸的,风趣的,辛辣的 vt.加盐于,用盐腌 SALT [缩写] 限制战略武器会谈
动词过去式:salted 过去分词:salted 现在分词:salting 第三人称单数:salts
1 [U] (also common salt) common white substance obtained from mines, present in sea water (from which it is obtained by evaporation), used esp for flavouring and preserving food; sodium chloride 盐; 食盐; 氯化钠
*a grain of salt 一粒盐
* too much salt in the soup 汤里盐太多
* `table salt, ie powdered so that it can be sprinkled on food 餐桌食盐
* `sea salt 海盐.
2 [C] chemical compound of a metal and an acid （化学）盐.
3 salts [pl] substance like salt in taste, form, etc, esp such a substance used as a laxative 味道、外观等像盐的物质; （尤指）泻盐
*a dose of (Epsom) salts 一剂泻盐
* `bath salts, ie used to scent bath water 浴盐（用以使洗澡水芳香者）.
4 [C] (dated infml 旧, 口) experienced sailor 有经验的水手
*an old salt 老水手.
5 [U] (fig 比喻) thing that makes sth more interesting, lively, etc 增添趣味或活跃气氛的事物
*Her humour adds salt to her conversation. 她很幽默, 谈起话来妙趣横生. Cf 参看 spice 2. (idm 习语) like a dose of salts => dose. rub salt into the wound/sb's wounds => rub1. the salt of the `earth very decent, honest, etc person or people 非常正派、诚实等的人
*You can trust her
*she's the salt of the earth. 你可以信任她, 她这人很诚实. take sth with a pinch of salt => pinch n. worth one's salt => worth.
1 [Tn] put salt on or in (food) to season it 在（食物）中加盐.
2 [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (down) preserve (food) with salt 用盐腌（食物）
*salt (down) pork 腌猪肉
* salted beef 腌制的牛肉.
3 [Tn] sprinkle salt on (roads, etc) to melt ice or snow 将盐撒在（路等）上使冰或雪融化.
4 [Tn] make (a mine) seem rich by putting ore into it, usu so as to trick sb who wants to buy it 将矿石投入（矿区）使矿样显得有价值（通常为欺骗买矿人）.
5 (phr v) salt sth away save (money, etc) secretly and usu dishonestly 私下并且通常指不正当地积蓄（钱等）
*She salted away most of the profit from the business. 她把做生意赚的利润大部分都私自蓄存起来了.
adj [attrib 作定语] containing, tasting of or preserved with salt 含盐的; 咸的; 腌的
*salt beef, pork, etc 腌牛肉、猪肉等
* salt water 咸水
* salt marshes 盐沼
* the `salt flats of Utah 犹他州的盐地.
Strategic Arms Limitation Talks talks between the US and the former Soviet Union, which aimed to reach agreement about limiting the number of nuclear weapons that each country kept. Two SALT Treaties (=official agreements) were signed: SALT I (1972) and SALT II (1979).
1. The chemical formula for salt is NaCl. 盐的化学分子式是NaCl.
2. Thus, a broken alarm clock in the movie The Pawnbroker became a "sick" patient undergoing surgery; boots were boiled in his film The Gold Rush and their soles eaten with salt and pepper like prime cuts of fish (the nails being removed like 因此，在《当铺老板》中，一个坏闹钟变成了正在接受手术的"病人"；在《淘金记》中，靴子被煮熟，靴底蘸着盐和胡椒被吃掉，就像上好的鱼片（鞋钉就像鱼骨那样被剔除）。
3. They are taught to vote for the one who "gives you a half-kilo sack of flour, 200 grams of salt, or a loaf of bread" during the campaign, said the activist. 她说，她们在竞选运动中只知道谁"给你半公斤面粉、200克食盐或一条面包"，她们就投票选谁。
4. He sets up a new world record in September 1935 at Bonnevill Salt Flats, Utah. 1935 年 9 月，他在犹他州邦维尔盐滩创立了一项新的世界纪录。
5. He set up a new world record in September 1935 at Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah. 他于1935年9月在犹他州的邦纳维尔盐滩创造了一项新的世界纪录。
6. Adding salt to food improves the flavour. 食物中加盐可以提味.
7. She seasoned the soup with salt. 她加盐进汤里调味。
8. Such extreme cases must probably be taken with a grain of salt, 这种极端的事例虽不可全信，
9. Please pass the salt and pepper. 请把盐和胡椒粉递过来。
10. Pass me the salt, please. 请盐递过来.