1 general natural features of an area, eg mountains, valleys, rivers, forests 景色; 风景; 风光
*mountain scenery 山景
* stop to admire the scenery 停下来欣赏风景.
2 furniture, woodwork, canvas, etc used on a theatre stage to represent the place of action 舞台布景. =>illus at App
1 见附录1插图, page ix.
the natural features of a particular part of a country that you can see, such as mountains, forests, deserts etc
The best part of the trip was the fantastic scenery.
the painted background, furniture etc used on a theatre stage
1. There´s some beautiful scenery in our neighborhood. 在我们附近地方有一些美丽的景色。
2. This region is remarkable for its scenery. 这个地区享有风景独特的盛名。
3. Guilin is famous for its beautiful scenery. 桂林以风景优美而出名。
4. I like sublime mountain scenery. 我喜爱壮丽的山景。
5. In spite of my parents' objections, I go back to sleep, and I miss some of the most magnificent scenery on the North American continent. 尽管我父母反对，我又蒙头大睡，因此我错过了北美大陆上一些最壮观的景色。