n.刮,擦,擦痕,刮擦声,困境 vi.刮掉,擦掉,刮出刺耳声 vt.刮,擦,擦伤,挖成
动词过去式:scraped 过去分词:scraped 现在分词:scraping 第三人称单数:scrapes
1 (a) [Tn, Tn.p, Cn.a] ~ sth (down/out/off) make (a surface, etc) clean, level or smooth by drawing a sharp tool or sth rough across it 擦净, 削平, 磨光（某物）
*scrape the floor with a stiff brush 用硬毛刷子刷地板
* scrape out a sticky saucepan 把锅垢刮掉
* scrape the walls clean 把墙擦乾净
* She is scraping the path clear of snow. 她正在把路上的积雪铲掉.
(b) [Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ sth from/off sth; ~ sth away/off remove (mud, grease, paint, etc) in this way 除掉（泥、油渍、油漆等）
*scrape the rust off (sth) 把 刮掉
* scrape paint from a door 铲掉门上的油漆.
2 (a) [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (against/on/along/sth) injure or damage sth by rubbing with sth rough, sharp, etc 擦伤或刮坏某物
*I fell and scraped my knee. 我跌倒时擦伤了膝盖.
* I scraped the side of my car against a wall. 我的汽车车身蹭墙划坏了.
(b) [Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ sth from/off sth; ~ sth away/off remove (skin, paint, etc) accidentally in this way 擦伤, 刮坏（皮肤、油漆等）
*She's scraped the skin off her elbow. 她把胳膊肘的皮肤擦破了.
* I must have scraped some of the paint off when I was parking the car. 我准是停放汽车的时候刮掉了一些油漆.
3 [Ipr, Tn.pr] ~ (sth) against/along/on sth (cause sth to) rub against sth （使某物）擦着某物
*Bushes scraped against the car windows. 矮小的树擦着了汽车的窗户.
* The ship's hull scraped along the side of the dock. 船行时船身擦着码头的边.
* Don't scrape your feet on the floor. 别用脚蹭着地板.
4 [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (out) make sth by scraping 刮成或挖成某物
*scrape a hole (out) in the soil for planting 挖个土坑栽种.
5 (idm 习语) bow and scrape => bow2. pinch and save/scrape => pinch. scrape (up) an ac`quaintance with sb (infml 口) get to know sb not very well andwith difficulty 挖空心思与某人结识
*I slowly scraped (up) an acquaintance with my neighbours. 我慢慢设法认识了邻居. scrape (the bottom of) the `barrel use the least satisfactory items or people available 勉强使用现有的物品或人
*We had to scrape the barrel to get a full team, and then we lost 6-1. 我们勉强凑成一个队, 结果以6比1输了. scrape a `living earn with difficulty just enough to live on 勉强维持生活
*I manage to scrape a living by selling my pictures. 我靠卖画 口.
6 (phr v) scrape along/by (on sth) manage to live with difficulty 勉强活下去
*I can just scrape along on what my parents give me. 我靠父母扶养勉强过活. scrape in; scrape into sth get in/into (eg a job or a school) with difficulty 勉强获得（工作）; 勉强进入（学校）
*She just scraped into university with the minimum qualifications. 她刚刚及格, 勉强进了大学. scrape through (sth) succeed with difficulty in doing sth, esp in passing an exam 勉强做成某事物; （尤指）勉强及格
*She only just scraped through the test. 她测验勉强及格. scrape sth together/up obtain sth with difficulty, or by being careful 费力地或小心翼翼地获得某事物
*We scraped together an audience of fifty for the play. 我们张罗来五十个观众看这出戏.
* Can you scrape up enough money for a holiday? 你能凑够了钱去度假吗?
1. And everywhere, parents are finding that there are fewer jobs that pay enough to allow a family to scrape by financially.” 无论在何处，作父母的都发现很少有一份能让一个家庭经济上不发愁的工作。