名词复数:scurries 动词过去式:scurried 过去分词:scurried 现在分词:scurrying 第三人称单数:scurries
v (pt, pp scurried) [I, Ipr, Ip] run with short quick steps 小步疾跑
*mice scurrying across the floor 在地面很快跑过的老鼠
* scurry along the road 在路上匆匆小跑
* They scurried in out of the cold. 他们冻得很快跑进来了.
* Crowds scurried past. 很多人匆匆地跑过去了.
* The rain sent everyone scurrying for shelter. 这阵雨把大家浇得纷纷找地方躲避.
1 (a) [sing] act or sound of scurrying 小步疾跑; 小跑的脚步声
*a/the scurry of feet in the room above 楼上房间里小跑的脚步声.
(b) [U] anxious or excited movement; bustle 不安的或兴奋的移动; 热闹的活动
*the scurry and scramble of town life 城市生活的匆忙.
2 [C] windy shower of rain, snow, etc or cloud of dust; flurry 风雨、风雪等交加; 飞扬的灰尘.
NOTE ON USAGE 用法
*Scamper, scurry and scuttle indicate people or animals running with short, quick steps. *scamper、scurry、scuttle 三词均指人或动物小步奔跑. Scamper (around, away, off, etc) is only used of small animals (puppies, mice, etc) and children. *scamper（around、away、off 等）仅用于小动物（小狗、老鼠等）和儿童. It suggests them playing happily or running away when startled 这个词指玩耍嬉戏或受惊逃跑
*The children were scampering around the garden. 孩子们在花园里嬉戏奔跑.
* The rabbits scampered away as we approached. 我们一走近就把兔子吓跑了. Scuttle/scurry (about, away, off, etc) indicate running in order to escape from danger, bad weather, etc *scuttle/scurry（about、away、off 等）指为躲避危险、坏天气等而奔跑
*The beetle scuttled away when I lifted the stone. 我把石头搬起来, 那甲虫就逃跑了.
* The spectators scurried for shelter as soon as it began to rain. 一下起雨来, 观众就纷纷找地方躲避. Scurry can indicate great or hurried activity *scurry 可指重大的或仓促的活动
*We were scurrying about until the last minute before the party. 聚会开始前我们一直不停地忙忙碌碌.
v past tense and past participlescurriedpresent participlescurryingthird person singularscurries [I always + adverb/preposition]
[Date: 1800-1900; Origin: hurry-scurry (18-20 centuries), from hurry]
to move quickly with short steps, especially because you are in a hurry
People were scurrying off to work.