动词过去式:sectioned 过去分词:sectioned 现在分词:sectioning 第三人称单数:sections
1 [C] any of the parts into which sth may be or has been divided 部分
*This section of the road is closed. 这段路已经封闭.
* White lines divide the playing area into sections. 这些白线把赛区分成各个部分.
* the practical sections of the course 该课程的实践部分.
2 [C] any one of a number of parts that can be fitted together to make a structure 部件; 零件
*the three sections of a fishing-rod 钓鱼杆的三节
* The shed comes in sections that you assemble yourself. 这个棚子有几个部分, 要由自己组装起来.
3 [C] separate group within a body of people 集体中的小团体; 小集团
*Farm workers make up only a small section of the population. 农民只占人口的一小部分.
* a discontented section of the army 军队里心怀不满的人.
4 [C] department of an organization, institution, etc （组织、机构等的）部门, 处, 科, 组, 股
*the library's extensive biology section 图书馆中有大量图书的生物学部
* the woodwind section of the orchestra, ie players of woodwind instruments 乐队中的木管乐组.
5 [C] separate part of a document, book, etc （文件、书等的）节, 款, 项, 段
*section 4, subsection
2 of the treaty 条约中的第4节第2小节
* the financial section of the newspaper 报纸上的金融栏
* The report has a section on accidents at work. 报告中有一段谈到工作中的事故问题.
(a) (US) piece of land one mile square, equal to
640 acres (about
260 hectares) 一平方英里的面积（等于640英亩或约260公顷）.
(b) (esp US) area of a town 市镇的范围; 市区
*the business, residential, shopping section 商业区、住宅区、购物区.
7 [C] view or representation of sth seen as if cut straight through from top to bottom 纵剖面; 纵断面; 纵切面
*This illustration shows a section through the timber. 本图所示为木材的纵剖面.
8 (medical 医)
(a) [U] process of cutting or separating sth surgically 切除; 切开
*the section of a diseased organ 切除患病器官.
(b) [C] piece cut or separated in this way 切除或切开的部分; 切片
*put a section of tissue under the microscope 把组织的切片放在显微镜下.
1 [Tn, Tn.pr] divide (sth) into sections 将（某物）分成部分
*a library sectioned into subject areas 按科目划分的图书馆.
2 [Tn] (medical 医) cut or separate (tissue, etc) 切除或切开（组织等）.
"Four Wave Intersection" is the 217th episode of King of the Hill. It is the fourth episode of the 12th season.
1. The doctors removed a section of the mummy and sent it to a laboratory. 医生们从木乃伊身上取下一个切片，送去化验。
2. A 200-bed section for new-mothers is being added to the hospital. 医院新增添了有200个床位的产房。
3. You will find that book in the historical section of the library. 你会在图书馆的历史书部分中找到那本书的。
4. She gave him a section of the newspaper and they both tried to read for a few moments. 她分了一些报纸给他，俩人都试着看会儿报纸。