cure＝to take care（注意；留心）
1 [U] freedom or protection from danger or worry 安全; 保护; 保障
*children who lack the security of a good home 缺乏良好家庭照顾的儿童
* have the security of a guaranteed pension 有保证可获养老金的保障.
2 [U] measures taken to prevent spying, attacks, theft, etc （防刺探、攻击、偷盗等的）安全措施
*There was tight security for the Pope's visit, eg Many police officers guarded him. 为教皇到访采取了严密的保安措施.
* We need greater security in car parks. 我们需要加强停车场的安全措施.
* national security, ie the defence of a country 国家的防卫
* [attrib 作定语] security forces, eg police, troops, etc fighting terrorism 保安部队
* a security van, eg for transporting money 保安车（如解送金钱的）
* a high security prison, ie for dangerous criminals 戒备森严的监狱.
3 [C, U] jewellery, insurance policies, etc that can be used to guarantee that one will pay back borrowed money or keep a promise 抵押品
*lend money on security, ie in return for sth given as security 收取抵押品贷出款项
* give sth as
(a) security 以某物作抵押. Cf 参看 guarantee1 1.
4 securities [pl] documents or certificates showing who owns stock, bonds, shares, etc 证券
*government securities, ie for money lent to a government 政府证券.
1【protection from danger】2【protection from bad situations】3【guards】4【borrowing money】5 securities
【PROTECTION FROM DANGER】[U]
things that are done to keep a person, building, or country safe from danger or crime The trial was held under tight security . lax security at airline check-in desks terrorist activity that is a threat to national security The prison was ordered to tighten security after a prisoner escaped yesterday. The Security Commission investigates breaches of security . We have been asked not to say anything for security reasons . The security forces opened fire, killing two people. The thief was caught on a security camera . There are strict security checks on everyone entering the Opera House. A large number of homes lack adequate security measures .【PROTECTION FROM BAD SITUATIONS】[U]
protection from bad things that could happen to you Parenting is about giving your child security and love. Workers want greater job security (=not being in danger of losing your job) . This insurance plan offers your family financial security in the event of your death.【GUARDS】[U]
the department of a company or organization that deals with the protection of its buildings and equipment One of the sales clerks called security.
→security guard【BORROWING MONEY】[U]
something such as property that you promise to give someone if you cannot pay back money you have borrowed from themsecurity for Reiss used his Brooklyn home as security for the loan.securities [plural]stocks
in a company
COLLOCATES for sense 1strict/tight security
(=careful security) lax security
(=security that is not careful enough) national/state security
(=the security of a country against its enemies) tighten security
(=make security better) breach of security
(=when something dangerous happens, in spite of security measures) for security reasonsthe security services/forces
(=the police, army etc) security camerasecurity checksecurity measures/arrangementsmaximum security prison/jail
1. But they have provided no details about the state of security. 但他们却未提供有关安全状况的详情。
2. But divorce destroys the stability, security, and continuity that children need: it results in poverty for many women and children; it damages the natural link between father and children and replaces it with one of regulated, arranged visits; 但是离婚摧毁了孩子所需要的稳定感、安全感、整体感，造成了很多妇女儿童的贫困，破坏了父亲与子女间的自然联系，代之以人为安排的定期探视。
3. This law falls into abeyance when the country´s security is threatened. 当国家安全受到威胁时, 这项法规暂停实施。
4. This will lull them into a false sense of security. 这会使他们产生一种虚假的安全感。
5. This post has security of tenure. 这个职位是终身制。
6. This post has security of tenure. 这个职位是终身制。
7. The Russians and the British, as well as the Americans, were concerned over Iran´s loose security measures. 俄国人和英国人，以及美国人，对伊朗松散的保安措施感到关切。
8. He noticed at once that discipline was slack: the Danes had the self-confidence of conquerors, and their security precautions were casual. 他马上发现丹麦军纪律松弛，他们以征服者自居，安全措施马马虎虎。
9. Again, you face the terms: "Loss of self-worth and security, fear of the future, stress, depression (抑郁)." 你又一次面对这些字眼： "失去了自尊和保障、害怕未来、精神紧张、沮丧消沉。"
10. And security: how to make such a big target attack-proof. 并且还有安全问题：如何才能令这样大的一个目标免遭攻击。