形容词:sentential 动词过去式:sentenced 过去分词:sentenced 现在分词:sentencing 第三人称单数:sentences 副词:senten-tially
1 [C] (grammar) largest unit of grammar, usu containing a subject, a verb, an object, etc and expressing a statement, question or command 句子; 句.
2 [C, U] (law 律) (statement of the) punishment given by a lawcourt 判决; 宣判; 判刑
*The judge passed/pronounced sentence (on the prisoner), ie said what his punishment would be. 法官宣布了（对犯人的）判决.
* She has served her sentence, and will nowbe released. 她已服刑期满, 现即将获释.
* under sentence of death, ie to be officially killed as a punishment 判处死刑
* a sentence of ten years' imprisonment 十年监禁之刑.
v [Tn, Tn.pr, Dn.t] ~ sb (to sth) state that sb is to have a certain punishment 判决; 宣判
*sentence a thief to six months' imprisonment 判处窃贼六个月监禁
* He has been sentenced to pay a fine of 1000. 他被判罚款1000英镑.
* (fig 比喻) a crippling disease which sentenced him to a lifetime in a wheelchair 把他终生束缚在轮椅上的残疾
1. But some thing choked him, he could not finish the sentence. 象是有什么东西哽住了他的喉咙, 他说不下去了.
2. But something choked him; he could not finish the sentence. 他的声音哽咽了，说不下去。
3. We put a full stop at the end of a sentence. 我们在句的末尾加一个句号。
4. When the article arrived, the editor read the first sentence and then refused to publish it. 稿子寄来后，编辑看第一句话就拒绝予以发表。
5. Write down the sentence. 抄写句子。
6. His prison sentence has been remitted. 他的监禁刑罚已获得赦免.
7. Some people start to say something while looking right at you, but three words into the sentence, they break eye contact and look out the window. 有些人在开始说话时会直视你，但一句话刚说了几个字，他就会中断与你目光的接触，把目光移向窗外。
8. Let´s write down the sentence. 让我们抄写句子。
9. In the sentence " The boy threw the ball " , the word " threw " is a verb. 在“男孩扔球”这个句子中，“扔”是动词。