(of rain, bad weather, infection, etc) begin and seem likely to continue （指雨、坏天气、传染等）开始并可能继续下去
*I must get those bulbs planted before the cold weather sets in. 我得在天气转冷之前把这些球茎秧种上.
* Those beams will need to be replaced; it looks as though woodworm has set in. 那些大梁该换了, 看样子里面生了蛀虫了.
1. Eliot says you can first make a list of 12 things, then cut it down to 6 and set your priorities. 埃利奥特说，你可以先列出12件事，然后把它压缩到6件，要确定轻重缓急。
2. Beautiful combs, pure tortoiseshell, with jewels set in-just the colour to wear in her beautiful hair. 多么好看的梳子,纯玳瑁做的,镶着铢宝,颜色恰好配上她那美丽的头发.
3. Business English is simply a set of English vocabulary words; it is not,as some seem to think, a language unto itself. 商用英文只是一组英文字汇,它并不是如一些人所想,本身自成一种语言.
4. Both these ships set out from Shanghai on June 18th, 1872 on an exciting race to England. 两船于1872年6月18日同时从上海启航驶往英国，途中展开了一场激烈的比赛。
5. Bonpland set up one of the electrometers to measure the electric discharge, but there was no reading. 庞普朗安装了一只电表来测量放电量，但电表上没有任何读数。
6. But as we started out, he always said, "You set the pace. I will try to adjust to you." 但每次出门时，他总说："你按你的步速走，我跟着你。"
7. Because time was short — the patient was dying — the Red Cross man and an officer set out in an army vehicle. 由于时间紧迫--病人已奄奄一息--红十字会的人和一名军官乘一辆军车出发。
8. When he smiled he exposed a set of perfect white teeth. 他笑时露出了一口漂亮的白牙.
9. While Alfred´s little army slowly began to gather at Athelney, the king himself set out to penetrate the camp of Guthrum, the commander of the Danish invaders. 阿尔弗雷德人数不多的军队开始在阿塞尔纳慢慢集结时，他亲自潜入丹麦入侵司令官古瑟罗姆的营地。
10. Water streamed in torrents over its sides with such force that it set up a huge wave in the canal. 波浪从盘子两侧急涌而出，在运河里掀起一股大浪。