adj not changing or likely to change; stable 不变的; 不大可能改变的; 稳定的
*a settled spell of weather 持续一阵的天气
* lead a more settled life 过着安定些的生活.
remaining the same, and not likely to change
She was tired of moving around and longed for a more settled existence.
if you feel settled, you feel comfortable about your life, your job etc, because you have been living or working somewhere a long time and you like the place, people, company etc
I still don't feel settled in my job.
BrE if the weather is settled, it is dry and not likely to change
1. With the Overlord dispute settled, Churchill attempted to draw Stalin out on the Far East, but the Russian was reluctant. 随着有关“霸王”行动这一争议的解决，丘吉尔试图引出斯大林关于远东问题的意见，但这个俄国人不太愿意表态。
2. The Dutch settled in South Africa. 荷兰人在南非殖民.
3. These had settled down for the winter at Chippenham: thither Alfred went. 丹麦军队驻扎在戚本纳姆过冬, 阿尔弗雷德就到那个地方去.
4. These had settled down for the winter at Chippenham: thither Alfred went. 丹麦军已在切本哈姆扎下营准备过冬，阿尔弗雷便来到此地。
5. The two men quarrelled bitterly and it was clear that the argument could only be settled by a fight. 两个人争吵不休，显而易见，只有较量一番才能解决问题。
6. That settled everything. 那番话把一切都搞定了。
7. The original garbage crisis occurred when people first settled down to farm and could no longer leave their places after their garbage grew too deep. 最早的垃圾危机发生在人类首次定居并开始农耕时，由于垃圾堆积过多，人们无法离开他们的住地。
8. 30,000 years ago they went across the land bridge and settled down in new homes. 三万年前，他们跨过连接两洲的地峡，在美洲建立了新居。
9. An offshoot of the family settled down on the island in the eighteenth century. 这个家族的一支旁系于十八世纪在那个岛上定居下来。
10. After Darwin returned to Britain he married and settled down to livein Kent. 达尔文回到英国以后就结了婚, 并在肯特郡定居下来.