1 activity of sewing （用针线的）缝, 缝合, 缝纫.
2 work (clothes, etc) that is being sown 缝制的东西（衣物等）
*Where is my sewing? 我的针线活儿在哪儿呢?
* I've got a pile of sewing to do. 我有很多东西要缝.
* a sewing table, basket, etc 裁缝案子、篮子等.
the activity or skill of making or repairing clothes or decorating cloth with a needle and thread
something you are sewing
Imogen sighed and picked up her sewing.
1. Two women are sewing by the window. 靠窗有两位妇女在做针线活儿，
2. The girls swiftly took sewing materials from their desks. 然后迅速地从课桌里拿出缝纫材料，
3. She earns a livelihood by sewing. 她靠缝纫谋生。
4. She is fond of sewing. 她喜欢缝纫。
5. Jill does not want to come because she´s too involved in her sewing. 吉尔不想来，因为她的缝纫活儿太忙了。
6. "We have two sewing classes a week, Mr. Inspector," explained Mademoiselle Tupalska, the teacher. “我们每周有两次缝纫课，督学先生，”老师图帕斯卡小姐解释说，