n.荫,阴暗,荫凉处,图案阴影,黑暗,颜色深浅,遮光物,帘 vi.渐变 vt.遮蔽,使阴暗,使渐变,微减
名词:shader 动词过去式:shaded 过去分词:shaded 现在分词:shading 第三人称单数:shades
1 [U] ~ (from sth) (place where there is) comparative darkness and often coolness caused by sth blocking direct light or heat, esp of the sun 荫; 阴凉处
*a temperature of 35C in the shade 阴凉处35C的温度
* sit in the shade of a tree, wall, etc 坐在树、墙等的阴凉处
* Stay in the shade it's cooler. 呆在背阴处吧--那儿凉快些.
* The trees give some welcome shade from the sun. 这些树遮住了阳光, 很舒适凉快.
2 [C] (often in compounds 常用以构成复合词) thing that shuts out light or makes it less bright 遮光物
*an `eye-shade 遮光帽檐
* a new shade for the `lamp/`lampshade 新灯罩.
3 shades [pl] the ~s of sth (fml 文) the darkness of sth 黑暗
*the shades of evening/night 暮[夜]色.
4 shades [pl] (infml 口 esp US) sun-glasses 墨镜.
5 [U] darker part(s) of a picture, etc （图画、照片等的）较阴暗部分
*There is not enough light and shade in your drawing. 你这幅画的明暗色调不够.
6 [C] (degree or depth of) colour; hue 颜色; 色度
*material in several shades of blue 几种色度的蓝色材料
* choose a lighter shade 选择淡些的颜色
* Do you like the blouse in this shade? 你喜欢这种色度的女衬衫吗?
7 (a) [C] ~ of sth slight difference in sth 细微的差别
*a word with many shades of meaning 有许多相近意思的一个词
* people with all shades of opinion 意见不一的人们.
(b) [sing] a ~ (better, worse, etc) a small amount 少量; 些微
*I think it's a shade warmer today. 我觉得今天暖和一点儿.
* She feels a shade better than yesterday. 她感觉比昨天好一些.
8 shades [pl] ~ s of sb/sth (infml 口) reminders of sb/sth 对某人[某事物]的联想
*`Shades of Hitler!' I thought, as I listened to the dictator haranguing the crowd. 那个独裁者向群众声嘶力竭地训话, 我一听就想到, ｀真像希特勒!＇
* In some modern fashions we can see shades of the 1930s. 在有些摩登时装中可以看到三十年代的影子.
9 [C] (fml 文) soul after death; ghost 灵魂; 鬼魂; 阴魂
*the shades of my dead ancestors 我的先祖的幽魂.
10 (idm 习语) put sb/sth in the `shade be very superior to sb/sth 使某人[某事物]相形失色
*I thought I was quite a good artist, but your painting puts mine in the shade. 我原以为自己画得不错, 可比起你的画儿来未免相形见绌.
1 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb/sth (from sth) block off light from sb/sth; give shade to sb/sth 给某人[某物]遮住光线; 给某人[某物]阴凉
*She shaded her eyes (from the sun) with her hand. 她把手放在眼睛上方挡住阳光.
2 [Tn] screen (a lamp, light, etc) to reduce its brightness 遮挡（灯、光等）以减弱亮度
*shade the bulb with a dark cloth 用深色布遮挡灯泡使光暗些.
3 [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (in) darken (a part of a drawing, etc), eg with parallel pencil lines, to give an effect of light and shade 将（图画等的某部）颜色加深（如加铅笔线条以显出明暗效果）
*shade (in) this area to represent the person's shadow 把这部分画暗些以显出人影
* the shaded areas on the map 地图上颜色深的地方.
4 [Ipr, Ip] ~ from sth into sth; ~ (off) into sth (esp of colours) change gradually into (another colour or variety) （尤指颜色）逐渐变成（其他颜色）
*scarlet shading (off) into pink 猩红色逐渐变成粉色
* a colour that shades from blue into green 由蓝逐渐变绿的颜色
* (fig 比喻) socialism shading into communism 逐渐向共产主义过渡的社会主义. shading n [U] (use of) pencil marks, etc that give an effect of darkness in a part of a picture （绘画的）明暗（运用）.
1. These trees supply shade in summer. 夏天这些树提供一片阴凉地方。
2. They can survive in this region of little water, little shade, and high day-time temperature. 它们可以在这个缺水、少荫和白昼高温的地区生存。
3. The creature was on the ground, some distance ahead of him, half hidden by undergrowth and deep shade. 那只动物在前面离他不远的地面上；矮树丛和纵深的树荫将它遮住了一半。
4. Despite the fact that the bottle is tinted a delicate shade of green, 尽管那只瓶子呈淡绿色，
5. And while the steamer worked and sweated in the sun, the retired artist sat on a barrel in the shade close by, eating his apple. 于是当轮船在烈日下干活流汗时，退休艺术家坐在旁边树荫下的木桶上吃着苹果。
6. Stay in the shade it´s cooler. 呆在背阴处吧--那儿凉快些.