n.高调,内行,利刃,骗子 adj.锐利的,锋利的,明显的,强烈的,刺耳的,急剧的,精明的,敏捷的 adv.整,锐利地,急速地 日本夏普公司
名词:sharpness 副词:sharply 形容词比较级:sharper 最高级:sharpest 动词过去式:sharped 过去分词:sharped 现在分词:sharping 第三人称单数:sharps
adj (-er, -est)
1 having a fine edge or point; capable of cutting or piercing; not blunt 锋利的; 尖锐的
*a sharp knife, pin, needle, etc 锋利的刀、尖的大头针、尖的针
* The shears aren't sharp enough to cut the grass. 这把大剪刀不够快, 剪不动草.
2 (a) (of curves, bends, slopes, etc) changing direction suddenly; abrupt （指曲线、弯、斜坡等）急转的, 陡峭的
*a sharp bend in the road 路上的急转弯
* a sharp turn to the left 向左的急转.
(b) [usu attrib 通常作定语] sudden; abrupt 突然的; 急剧的
*a sharp drop in prices 价格的暴跌
* a sharp rise in crime 犯罪率的急剧上升.
3 well-defined; distinct; clear 轮廓鲜明的; 明显的; 清晰的
*a sharp outline 清晰的轮廓
* a sharp photographic image, ie one with clear contrasts between areas of light and shade 反差大的影像
* in sharp focus 锐聚焦
* The TV picture isn't very sharp. 电视图像不太清晰.
* There is a sharp contrast between the lives of the poorest and the richest members of society. 社会上贫富悬殊.
4 [usu attrib 通常作定语] (of sounds) shrill; piercing （指声音）尖锐的, 刺耳的
*a sharp cry of distress 痛苦的尖叫声
* the sharp raucous cawing of a crow 乌鸦的粗哑而刺耳的叫声.
5 (of tastes or smells) producing a smarting sensation; pungent （指味道或气味）强烈的, 辛辣的, 刺鼻的
*the sharp taste of lemon juice 柠檬汁的强烈酸味
* the sharp smell of the acid 酸的刺鼻气味
* The cheese is a little too sharp for me, ie tastes too strong. 我觉得这乾酪味道太重了点.
6 producing a physical sensation of cutting or piercing; keen 刺骨的; 凛冽的; 剧烈的
*a sharp frost/wind 严寒的霜[风]
* a sharp pain in the back 背部的剧痛.
7 quickly aware of things; acute; alert 灵敏的; 敏锐的; 机警的
*sharp eyes, ears, reflexes 灵敏的眼睛、耳朵、反应
* a sharp person, mind, intelligence 机灵的人、敏锐的头脑、机智
* a sharp sense of smell 敏锐的嗅觉
* keep a sharp look-out 严密警戒
* It was very sharp of you to notice that detail straight away. 你真机灵, 一下子就注意到这一细节.
8 ~ (with sb) (derog 贬) intended or intending to criticize, injure, etc; harsh; severe 蓄意批评、中伤等的; 尖刻的; 严厉的
*a sharp criticism, rebuke, remark, etc 尖锐的批评、严厉的指责、刻薄的言语
* She was very sharp with me (ie rebuked me) when I forgot my book. 我忘带书了, 她把我训斥了一顿.
* He has a sharp tongue, ie often speaks harshly or angrily. 他说话尖酸刻薄.
9 [usu attrib 通常作定语] quick; brisk; vigorous 迅速的; 敏捷的; 活跃的
*a sharp struggle, contest, etc 激烈的斗争、竞赛等
* sharp competition for the job 为获得这一工作而产生的剧烈竞争
* That was sharp work, ie It was done quickly or energetically. 这件工作干得很利索.
10 (often derog 常作贬义) quick to take advantage of sb/sth; unscrupulous 过分精明的; 狡猾的; 不择手段的
*a sharp lawyer, accountant, etc 精明的律师、会计等
* She was too sharp for me, ie outwitted me. 她太精明（我斗不过她）.
11 [usu attrib 通常作定语] (infml 口) (too) smart or stylish （过分）时髦的, 漂亮的
*a gambler in a sharp suit 衣着入时的赌徒
* be a very sharp dresser 是个衣着漂亮的人.
12 (music 音)
(a) (of a sound, an instrument, etc) above the normal or correct pitch （指声音、乐器的音调等）偏高的
*That note sounded sharp. 那个音调听起来偏高.
(b) (usu following ns 通常用于名词之後) (of notes) raised half a tone in pitch （指音符）升半音的
*in the key of C sharp minor 用升C小调. =>illus at music 见music插图. Cf 参看 flat2 10.
13 (idm 习语) look `sharp be brisk; hurry 赶紧; 赶快
*You'd better look sharp or you'll be late. 你得赶快, 不然就晚了. (as) sharp as a needle very intelligent and quick-witted 非常聪敏的. sharp `practice business dealings that are not entirely honest 不够诚实的交易手段.
n (symb 符号为 #) (music 音) (symbol used to indicate a) sharp note 升半音; 升半音号
*a difficult piano piece full of sharps and flats 有很多升半音、降半音难度很大的钢琴曲. Cf 参看 flat4 4, natural6.
1 (infml 口) punctually 准时地
*Please be here at seven (o'clock) sharp. 请七点整到这里.
2 (infml 口) suddenly; abruptly 突然地; 急剧地
*stopped sharp 突然停住
* turn sharp left 向左急转.
3 (music 音) above the correct pitch 偏高
*sing sharp 唱得偏高.
1. The skin of her leg was abraded by the sharp rocks. 她腿上的皮肤被锐利的岩石擦伤了。
2. The wolves dismembered the deer´s dead body with their sharp teeth . 野狼用那锐利的牙齿肢解小鹿的死尸。
3. The shears aren´t sharp enough to cut the grass. 这把大剪刀不够快, 剪不动草.
4. The trainer stands in front of the elephant holding a long stick with a sharp metal point. 驯练员手持一根有锋利金属尖头的长棒，站在象前。
5. The pain was very sharp. 疼得很厉害。
6. The surface of his pyramid used to shine with smooth white limestone, and its top came to a sharp point. 以前，大金字塔表面光滑的白石灰石非常耀眼，塔的顶端很尖。
7. He is round and smooth and sharp. 大象又圆，又光，又尖，
8. As the man came near, the prisoner knocked him to the ground with a sharp blow. 当这个人走近时，战俘一拳把他打倒在地，
9. And she was slicing so quickly, seemingly not paying attention to her sharp chopping knife, that I was afraid the tips of her fingers would become one of the ingredients of the purple vegetable and pork dish. 她切得很快，好像一点也不注意她手中那把锋利的切菜刀，我真害怕她的手指尖也会成为紫色蔬菜烧猪肉这门菜肴中的佐料。
10. Just then there was the sharp whistle of a bullet which passed near the boy. 就在这时, 一颗子弹在男孩身边尖声呼啸而过.