v.剃,刮,削刮 vt.刨,削 n.刮脸
动词过去式:shaved 过去分词:shaved/shaven 现在分词:shaving 第三人称单数:shaves
1 [I, Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ sth (off sth/off) cut (hair) off the face, etc with a razor; cut hair off the face, etc of (sb) in this way （用剃刀）刮（胡须等）; 为（某人）剃毛发
*I shave every morning. 我每天早上刮脸.
* The nurse washed and shaved the patient. 护士给病人清洗皮肤、刮去毛发.
* Buddhist priests shave their heads. 和尚都剃光头.
* She sometimes shaves the hair off her legs. 她有时剃腿上的寒毛.
* Why don't you shave your beard off? 你怎么不把胡子刮掉?
2 [Tn] cut or scrape thin slices from the surface of (wood, etc) 刨（木头等）; 削; 刮. => Usage at clip2 用法见clip2.
3 [Tn] (infml 口) pass very close to (sb/sth), or touch (sb/sth) slightly in passing 掠过, 擦过（某人[某物]）
*The bus just shaved me by an inch. 那辆公共汽车从我身边掠过, 离我只有一英寸.
* The ball narrowly shaved his off stump. 那个球紧贴着他的三柱门的外柱掠过.
* The lorry shaved the barrier, scraping its side. 那辆卡车掠过路障, 刮坏了车身.
4 (phr v) shave sth off (sth) remove (a thin layer) from the surface of sth by cutting or scraping 从某物表面削去或刮掉（薄薄的一层）
*shave a millimetre (of wood) off the block 把木块刨去一毫米.
1 act of shaving 剃; 刮
*A sharp razor gives a close shave. 剃刀锋利刮得就乾净.
* Have a shave before you go out. 把胡子刮刮再出门.
2 (idm 习语) a close shave => close1.
1. Why did you shave it off? 你为什么把它刮了？
2. Does this mean that French men seeking work with the Disney organization must shave off their moustaches too? 这是不是说法国人要想在迪斯尼工作就必须剃掉胡子才行？
3. I shave every morning. 我每天早上刮脸.