n.打击,震动,冲突,休克,突击,禾束堆,乱蓬的头发 vt.使震动,使休克,使受电击,震惊得 vi.震动,吓人 adj.蓬乱的,浓密的
动词过去式:shocked 过去分词:shocked 现在分词:shocking 第三人称单数:shocks
1 [C] violent blow or shake, caused eg by a collision or an explosion 强烈的冲击或震动（如因碰撞或爆炸造成的）
*earthquake shocks 地震
* The shock of the blast shattered many windows. 许多窗户在爆炸中震碎了.
* I felt the shock as the aircraft hit the ground. 飞机着陆时我感觉到震了一下.
2 [C] = electric shock (electric)
*If you touch this live wire, you'll get a shock. 摸这条带电的导线, 就会触电.
3 [C] sudden violent disturbance of the mind or emotions caused eg by bad news, a frightening event, etc 震惊; 震骇; 惊愕
*The news of his mother's death was a terrible shock to him. 他母亲去世的噩耗使他非常震惊.
* The result of the election came as a shock to us all, ie None of us expected it. 选举的结果令我们惊愕.
* It gave me quite a shock to be told I was seriously ill. 听说我的病很严重, 我吃了一惊.
4 [U] state of extreme weakness caused by physical injury, pain, fright, etc 休克
*be in/go into shock 处于休克状态
* suffering from shock 已休克
* What is the correct medical treatment for shock? 在医学上怎样处理休克才对?
* She died of shock following an operation on her brain. 她作脑科手术後因休克死亡.
n (usu 通常作 shock of hair) rough untidy mass of hair on the head 蓬乱的头发.
v [Tn esp passive 尤用于被动语态] cause a shock1(3) to (sb); cause (sb) to feel disgust, indignation, horror, etc 使（某人）震惊; 使（某人）感到厌恶、愤怒、恐惧等
*I was shocked at the news of her death. 我听到她去世的消息十分震惊.
* He was shocked to hear his child swearing. 他听见他孩子骂人非常生气.
* I'm not easily shocked, but that book really is obscene. 我并不是大惊小怪的人, 但那本书淫秽之甚确实让我大吃一惊.
1. Evidently, culture shock is something you cannot avoid when living in a foreign country. 很显然，文化冲击是一种生活在异国他乡的人们无法避免的东西。
2. Eventually, however, the second stage of culture shock appears. 然而文化冲击的第二阶段最终还是出现了。
3. But that shock roused his imagination. 而这种吃惊唤起了他的想像。
4. When my mother had died after a tragic accident, he did not quickly recover from the shock and loneliness. 当我的母亲在一次悲惨的事故后死去的时候，他未曾很快从那个打击和孤独中恢复过来。
5. When a shock came it shook the rigid table upon which these stood. 当地震发生时，就震动了这张上面竖着木杆的坚硬的桌子。
6. When a shock came, it shook the rigid table upon which these stood. 一旦有地震，就会震动竖立在坚硬的桌上的木棒。
7. When my mother had died after a tragic accident, he did not quickly recover from the shock and loneliness. 当时我母亲在一次事故中惨死，父亲未能很快从悲痛与孤独中恢复过来。
8. When the Ambassador of Escalopia returned home for lunch, his wife got a shock. 当艾斯卡罗比亚国的大使回到家吃午饭时，把他的夫人吓了一跳。
9. With isolation, you try to avoid the effects of culture shock, or at least that’s what you think. 你想把自己孤立起来以避免文化冲击的影响，至少你是这样认为的。
10. These peculiar forms not only seemed designed to shock people emotionally, but to give them electric shocks as well! 这些奇异的造型设计，似乎不仅用来在感情上给人们以强烈的刺激，而且也给人们以电休克的刺激。