/,sɪtʃʊ'eɪʃn; ,sɪtʃu`eʃən/ n
1 set of circumstances or state of affairs, esp at a certain time 状况, 处境, 局面, 形势（尤指某时期的）
*find oneself in an embarrassing situation 觉得自己处于尴尬的境地
* get into/out of adifficult situation 陷入[摆脱]困难的状况
* the worseningdiplomatic situation 日趋恶化的外交局面
* The company is in a poor financial situation, eg is losing money. 公司财务状况不佳.
2 position of a town, building, etc in relation to its surroundings （城镇、建筑物等相对于周围环境的）位置
*a beautiful situation overlooking the valley 可俯瞰山谷的优美地点.
3 (fml 文) paid job 有酬劳的工作; 职业
*find a new situation 找个新工作
* Situations vacant/Situations wanted, eg as headings for newspaper advertisements from people offering or looking for jobs. 招聘[求职]（如报纸上的广告标题）.
4 (idm 习语) save the situation => save.
a combination of all the things that are happening and all the conditions that exist at a particular time in a particular place I explained the situation.in a ... situation She coped well in a difficult situation . Schoolchildren must be taught to deal with dangerous situations . We were in an impossible situation - whatever we did, someone would be upset. a long analysis of the political situation I cannot put up with the current situation one day longer. Some companies are taking measures to improve this situation . The district judge had assessed the situation . This situation has arisen as a result of our serious staffing shortages. From that day onwards the situation worsened .
the type of area where a building is situated - used especially by people who sell or advertise buildings
= location The house is in a charming situation, on a wooded hillside.old-fashioned
a job She managed to get a situation as a parlour maid.
COLLOCATES for sense 1in a ... situationdifficult/dangerous/tricky etc situationimpossible situation
(=one that is very difficult to deal with) economic/political/financial etc situationpresent/current situationimprove/remedy a situationassess/monitor/review a situationdefuse a situation
(=stop a situation from being difficult or tense) a situation arises
(=it happens) a situation worsens/deteriorates/improvesa no-win situation
(=a situation in which no one can get what they want) a win-win situation
(=a situation in which everyone gets what they want)
1. C.You feel everyone is in the same situation; somehow you'll cope with the increase. c.你感到人人处境相同，你总会找到方法来应付价格上涨的。
2. But even if I yielded to that temptation, big magazines are not going to get involved in some sticky situation. 但即使我抗不住这种诱惑，我投稿的那些大杂志也不会去给自己惹麻烦。
3. But I would love to be able to pay for some of my living and not have to go through an embarrassing situation every time I need a spare part for my wheelchair. 但我很想自己负担部分生活费用，不必在每次需要为轮椅买点配件时都去尴尬地求人。
4. We must wait for clarification of the situation. 我们必须等待局势的澄清。
5. We need more time to take in the situation. 我们需要更多的时间了解情况。
6. We have to decide whether to shoot and when, just like the police officer has to when faced with this situation for real. 我们必须判断是否该开枪，何时该开枪，就像警察真实地面对此情此景时必须做出判断一样。
7. The castle has a lovely situation on a hill. 城堡座落在山上，环境优美。
8. The English language possesses a vivid saying to describe this sort of situation. 英语中有一个生动的说法来形容这种情况。
9. The whole situation starts to become more favorable; you recover from the symptoms of the first two stages, and you adjust yourself to the new norms, values, and even beliefs and traditions of the new country. 整个形势开始变得对你有利了，你会从前面两个阶段中出现的症状中恢复过来。而且你开始使自己适应新的准则、新的价值观念，乃至这个新的国家的各种信念和传统。
10. That was the situation until a couple of years later, when I was offered an opportunity to study English through an online course. 几年后我有机会参加了远程英语教学课程，情况才有所改善。