名词:sizer 动词过去式:sized 过去分词:sized 现在分词:sizing 第三人称单数:sizes
1 [U, C] the measurements or amount of sth; degree of largeness or smallness （量度、数量或程度的）大小, 多少
*a building of vast size 巨大的建筑物
* the car's compact size 小型的汽车
* people of all shapes and sizes 各种形体的人
* about the size of (ie about as large as) a duck's egg 约鸭蛋般大小
* the size of the cheque 支票的数额
* a house of some size, ie a fairly large house 相当大的房子
* They're both of a size, ie are the same size. 这两个大小相同.
2 [C] any of a number of standard measurements in which items such as clothes are made （服装等的）号, 码
*a size fifteen collar 十五号的领子
* trousers three sizes too large 大了三号的裤子
* I take size nine shoes. 我穿九号的鞋.
* You need a smaller size. 你需要小点号的.
* Try this on for size, ie to see if it fits, whether or not you like it. 穿上这个试试尺码.
3 (idm 习语) that's about `it/about the `size of it that is (roughly) how matters stand 大致上就是这样.
1 [Tn] sort (sth) according to size 将（某物）按大小排列或分类.
2 (phr v) size sb/sth up (infml 口) form a judgement or opinion of sb/sth 判断或估计某人[某事物]
*We sized each other up at our first meeting. 我们初次见面时相互打量了一番.
In fashion and clothing, a petite size is a standard clothing size designed to fit women of shorter height, typically or less.
1. Eggs are classified according to size. 鸡蛋按大小分等级。
2. Errors and uncertainties multiply, cascading upward through a chain of turbulent features, from dust devils and squalls up to continent-size eddies that only satellites can see. 错误和不可靠性上升，接踵而来的是一系列湍流的徵状，从小尘暴和暴风发展到只有卫星上可以看到的席卷整块大陆的旋涡。
3. Every solid object will reflect a sound, varying according to the size and nature of the object. 任何固体者反射声音，反射的声音因物体的大小和性质的不同而不同。
4. Believe it or not, 91/2 is the most popular size. 信不信由你，最普通的尺码竟然是 9.5 号。
5. Whether a planet can support life depends on the size and brightness of its star, that is its ´sun´. 一颗行星是否能够维持生命取决于它的恒星--即它的"太阳"--的大小和亮度。
6. What size? 什么尺码的？
7. The two apples are about the same size. 两个苹果差不多一样大。
8. The Hubble will tell us a great deal about the age and size of the universe. 哈勃将告诉我们有关宇宙的年龄和大小的许多事情。
9. The large size, please. 请拿大号的。
10. The square itself is five hundred yards wide, five times the size of St. Peter´s in Rome, and it is now the largest, and I think perhaps one of the most pleasing squares in the world. 天安门广场宽五百码，是罗马圣彼得广场的五倍。它是现今世界上最大的广场。我认为它也许是世界上最迷人的广场之一。