名词:slicer 动词过去式:sliced 过去分词:sliced 现在分词:slicing 第三人称单数:slices 形容词:sliceable
1 thin wide flat piece cut off an item of food （从食物上切下的）薄片
*a slice of meat, cake, cheese, etc 一片肉、蛋糕、乾酪等
* slices of beef between slices of fresh bread 夹在新鲜面包片之间的牛肉片.
2 (infml 口) portion; share 部分; 份儿
*get a slice of the profit 得到一份利润
* She takes a large slice of the credit for our success. 她把我们做成的事大部分算作她的功劳.
3 utensil with a broad flat blade for cutting, serving or lifting food, eg cooked fish or fried eggs （切片、上菜或铲起食物用的）刀, 铲子.
4 (eg in golf) poor stroke that makes the ball spin off in the wrong direction, ie to the right of a right-handed player （如高尔夫球中）（因击偏而成的）同侧旋转球（如右手击球者将球击成右旋球）. Cf 参看 pull2 11.
5 (idm 习语) get, etc a slice/share of the cake => cake. a piece/slice of the action => action.
1 [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (up) cut sth into slices 将某物切成薄片
*slice the meat, loaf, etc (up) 把肉、面包等切成薄片
* a sliced loaf 切片的面包.
2 [Tn.pr, Tn.p, Dn.n no passive 不用于被动语态, Dn.pr] ~ sth off/from sth; ~ sth off cut sth from a larger piece 将某物切下
*slice a piece off (the meat) 切下一片（肉）
* slice a thin wedge from the cake 从蛋糕上切下一角
* Slice me a piece of bread/a piece of bread for me. 给我切一片面包.
3 [Ipr, Tn] ~ through/into sth cut cleanly or easily through sth （乾净利落地）切, 割
*The axe sliced through the wood. 斧头一下子把木头劈开了.
* The falling slate sliced into his arm. 落下来的一块石片划破了他的手臂.
* The bows of the ship sliced the water. 船头划开水面前进.
4 [Tn] (eg in golf) strike (a ball) with a slice(4) （如在高尔夫球中）将（球）击成同侧旋转球.
1. Soon he was selling it by the slice. 很快他又开始将肉切片出售，
2. Please cut a slice of bread for me. 请给我切一片面包。