动词过去式:slid 过去分词:slid 现在分词:sliding 第三人称单数:slides
1 [sing] act of sliding 滑; 滑行
*have a slide on the ice 在冰上滑行.
2 [C] smooth stretch of ice, hard snow, etc used esp by children on sledges （冰、压实的雪等的）滑面（尤为儿童用以乘雪橇的）.
3 [C] smooth slope, track or chute down which goods can slide or on which children can play at sliding （运送货物用的）滑坡、滑道或滑槽; （儿童游戏用的）滑梯.
(a) picture, diagram, etc on photographic film, usu held in a small frame and shown on a screen using a projector; transparency 幻灯片（有框的透明软片）.
(b) (formerly) such a picture on a glass plate （旧时）幻灯片（玻璃的）.
5 [C] glass plate on which sth is placed so that it can be looked at under a microscope （显微镜的）载片.
6 [C] part of a machine, etc that slides, eg the U-shaped part of a trombone （机器等的）滑动部件（如长号上的U形管）. =>illus at App
1 见附录1插图, page x.7 [C] (in compounds 用以构成复合词) sudden fall of a mass of earth, mud, etc （土、泥等的）突然崩落
* a `mudslide.
8 [C] = hair-slide (hair).
v (pt, pp slid / slId; slId/)
1 [I, Ipr, Ip, Tn.pr, Tn.p, Cn.a] (cause sth to) move smoothly along an even, polished or slippery surface （使某物）滑动
*I was sliding (about) helplessly (on the ice). 我（在冰上）身不由己地滑起来了.
* The ship slid (down) into the water. 船滑入水中.
* The drawers slide in and out easily. 这些抽屉很容易推进拉出.
* We slid down the grassy slope. 我们顺着草坡滑下去.
* I slid the rug in front of the fire. 我挪了挪铺在炉前的地毯.
* Can the car seat be slid forward a little? 汽车的座位能向前挪一点吗?
* She slid the door open. 她把门推开.
2 [Ipr, Ip, Tn.pr, Tn.p] (cause sth to) move quietly or so as not to be noticed （使某物）悄悄地或偷偷地移动
*The thief slid out (of the door) while no one was looking. 小偷乘没人注意时溜了出去.
* She slid a coin into his hand. 她把一枚硬币偷偷塞进他的手里.
* He lifted the mat and slid the key under (it). 他掀起垫子把钥匙悄悄放在下面.
3 [I] (eg of prices) fall gradually （如指价格）逐渐降低
*House values may begin to slide. 房价可能开始逐渐下降了.
4 (idm 习语) let sth `slide (infml 口) allow sth to become neglected, less organized, etc 放任某事; 听其自然
*She got depressed and began to let things slide. 她情绪低落, 一切都听之任之.
5 (phr v) slide into sth (no passive 不用于被动语态) gradually pass into (a certain, usu bad, condition) 慢慢进入（某状态, 通常指坏的）
*slide into bad habits, debt 逐渐染上了坏习惯、背上了债
* We mustn't slide into complacency. 我们决不可产生自满情绪. slide over sth avoid dealing with (a topic, etc) in detail 避免深入涉及（某问题等）
*She discussed sales, but slid over the problem of how to increase production. 她谈论了销售情况, 却对增加生产的问题一带而过.
1. But the nickel could slide around. And if it could slide around, it could slide out. So she constructed a small pocket that fastened to the inner sole. 但是镍币会滑来滑去，到处滑动就可能滑出鞋外，因此她制作了一个小口袋固定在鞋内底部。
2. Taking a glass of water from the table, I put my finger over the end of the straw and allow a few drops of the cool moisture to slide into her mouth and ease her thirst. 我从桌上拿起一杯水，用手指封着吸管的一端，滴了几滴凉凉的水到她的嘴里，以缓解她的干渴。
3. Across the playground, a girl falls off the bottom of the slide and bursts into tears. 操场的对面，一个女孩从滑梯的底端滑出来，呜呜地哭了起来。
4. If you tilt the table , the dishes will slide off onto the floor. 如果你使桌子倾斜，碟子就会滑到地板上。
5. In the evening he will give us a slide show. 晚上他要给我们演幻灯片。