形容词比较级:sorer 最高级:sorest 名词:soreness 动词过去式:sored 过去分词:sored 现在分词:soring 第三人称单数:sores
1 (a) (of a part of the body) hurting when touched or used; tender and painful; aching （指身体局部）一触或一用就痛的, 易痛的, 疼痛的
*a sore knee, throat, etc 膝痛、喉咙痛
* My leg is still very sore. 我的腿还是很疼.
(b) [usu pred 通常作表语] feeling pain 感到疼痛
*She's still a bit sore after the accident. 她出事後直到现在还觉得痛呢.
2 [usu pred 通常作表语] ~ (at sb) (infml 口 esp US) hurt and angry (esp because one has been treated unfairly); irritated 气恼（尤指因受委屈）; 被激怒
*She feels sore about not being invited to the party. 因未邀请她参加聚会, 她很恼火.
* Is she still sore at (ie angry with) you? 她还生你的气吗?
3 (fml or dated 文或旧) serious; severe 严重的; 剧烈的
*in sore distress 悲痛万分
* in sore need of help 极需帮助
* His mother is a sore trial to him, ie causes him much distress. 他母亲让他伤透了脑筋.
4 (idm 习语) like a bear with a sore head => bear1. a sight for sore eyes => sight1. a ,sore `point issue or matter that makes sb feel hurt or angry whenever it is mentioned 使某人伤心或生气的话题或事情
*I wouldn't ask him about his job interview; it's rather a sore point with him at the moment. 我不去问他求职面试的情况, 这是他现在的伤心事. stand/stick out like a sore `thumb be very obvious or conspicuous, and often unpleasing 很显眼（常含贬义）; 扎眼
*The modern office block sticks out like a sore thumb among the old buildings in the area. 那座现代的办公楼直挺挺地竖在那片旧建筑物群中十分扎眼.
n painful place on the body (where the skin or flesh is injured) （肌肤的）痛处, 伤处
*treat a sore 治疗伤处
* Her hands are covered in sores. 她双手有很多痛处.
1. The exercise is great; the lifting gets easier with every load, even if my shoulder muscle is sore. 这可锻炼人哩，虽然肩部肌肉酸痛，可我扛垃圾桶越扛越得心应手了。
2. And the trunk eventually becomes so sore that the elephant curls it up and seldom afterwards uses it for offensive purposes. 象鼻子最后疼得卷了起来，以后它就很少用鼻子去进攻了。
3. After three weeks he was still completely unconscious, and the tube caused him to have a constant, painful sore throat ... 三周后，他依旧昏迷不醒，而导管使他的喉咙经常疼痛。
4. My leg is still very sore. 我的腿还是很疼.