名词:sourness 副词:sourly 形容词:sourish 形容词比较级:sourer 最高级:sourest 动词过去式:soured 过去分词:soured 现在分词:souring 第三人称单数:sours
1 (a) having a sharp taste (like that of vinegar, a lemon or unripe fruit) 有酸味的; 酸的
*sour gooseberries 酸的醋栗
* This apple is really sour! 这苹果真酸哪!
(b) tasting or smelling sharp and unpleasant from fermentation; not fresh 有酸臭味道或气味的; 馊的
*The milk's turned sour. 牛奶变酸了.
* a sour smell 馊味.
2 having or showing a bad temper; disagreeable in manner 坏脾气的; 别扭的; 乖戾的
*a sour and disillusioned man 阴郁颓丧的人
* What a sour face she has! 她的脸色多难看!
3 (idm 习语) go/turn `sour become unfavourable or unpleasant; turn out badly 变得令人不愉快; 变坏; 变糟
*Their relationship soon went sour. 他们的关系不久就变坏了.
* His original enthusiasm has turned sour. 他当初的积极性已淡下去了. sour `grapes (saying 谚) (said when sb pretends that what he cannot have is of little or no value or importance 用以指某人因得不到某事物而佯称该事物不好)
*He says he didn't want to marry her anyway, but that's just sour grapes. 他说自己反正不想娶她, 那不过是吃不到葡萄反而说葡萄酸罢了.
v [I, Tn] (cause sth/sb to) become sour （使某物）变酸, 变馊; （使某事）变糟; （使某人）阴郁或乖戾
*The hot weather soured the milk. 天热牛奶酸了.
* (fig 比喻) His personality has soured. 他品性变差了.
* The old man has been soured by poverty. 那老人因贫困脾气都坏了.
1. This is sour milk. 这是酸牛奶。
2. In my mouth I have a sour, vinegar taste coming from the pit of my stomach. 我嘴里有一股从胃底涌上来的酸酸的醋味。
3. For the grave farmer he used his dentist, a sour-looking man. For the woman standing alongside him, the artist chose his sister, Nan. 为画神色严肃的农夫，他选择了他那表情木讷的牙医，至于站在他身边的农妇，他选择了自己的姐姐南。