n.种类,(原)核素 n.[律]式样 n.[宗]圣餐物
spec,spect＝to see,to look（看见）
n (pl unchanged 复数不变)
1 group of animals or plants within a genus(1) differing only in minor details from the others, and able to breed with each other but not with other groups 物种; 种
*a species of antelope 一种羚羊
* various animal species 各种动物
* the human species, ie mankind 人类. Cf 参看 phylum, class 7, order1 9, family 4.
2 (infml or joc 口或谑) sort; type 种类; 类型
*an odd species of writer 古怪的作家.
1300-1400; Language: Latin;Origin:'appearance, kind'
, from specere 'to look (at)'
a group of animals or plants whose members are similar and can breed together to produce young animals or plants Seven species of birds of prey have been observed. pandas and other endangered species (=ones that may soon no longer exist)
1. But experts say that some species today have been so wasted, they may never recover. 但是专家们说，由于时下的滥捕，某些鱼类可能永远也恢复不到原来的数量了。
2. But the human body attacks and destroys tissue from other species. 但是人体会攻击并破坏来自其他物种的组织。
3. When European explorers first came to the New World, the fishing grounds off what would become eastern Canada and New England held abundant cod and other species. 当欧洲的探险者刚踏上新大陆时，后来成为加拿大东部和新英格兰的沿海渔场盛产鳕鱼及其他鱼类。
4. This is a rare species of rose. 这是一种罕见的玫瑰。
5. Yes, the earth's resources are not infinite; natural areas are being destroyed; the number of plant and animal species is declining; consumption of resources is expanding. 是的，地球的资源不是无限的，自然界在遭受破坏，动植物的物种数目在减少，而资源的消耗却在增加。
6. People have more control over their surroundings than any other species on Earth. 与地球上其他物种相比，人类更能控制其周围的环境。
7. Many species have been extirpated from those areas. 许多物种已在那些地区灭绝了。
8. Unlike most other bats, this species is diurnal. 这种蝙蝠与大多数蝙蝠不同, 是在日间活动的.
9. Over that time, it is widely believed, 99 percent of all species have come and gone, while the planet has remained. 这期间，99%的物种生生死死，唯独地球依然存在，这一点已成共识。
10. Leaders in Europe, where most nations already prohibit human cloning, began examining the moral implications of cloning other species. 在欧洲，大多数国家都已禁止克隆人类，各国领导此时也开始考察克隆其他物种的道德寓意。