n.观览物,展览物,公开展示,奇观,景象,光景,(a pair of ～s)眼镜
spec,spect＝to see,to look（看见）
1 grand public display, procession, performance, etc 大场面（壮观的公开展示、队列、表演等）
*The ceremonial opening of Parliament was a fine spectacle. 该议会的开幕式场面隆重.
2 impressive, remarkable or interesting sight 精彩的、非凡的或有趣的情景
*The sunrise seen from high in the mountains was a tremendous spectacle. 从山上居高远望, 日出景象蔚为奇观.
3 (usu derog 通常作贬义) object of attention, esp sb/sth unusual or ridiculous 注意的目标; （尤指）不同寻常的或滑稽的人[事物]
*The poor fellow was a sad spectacle. 那可怜的家伙看着就叫人难过.
4 (idm 习语) make a `spectacle of oneself draw attention to oneself by behaving, dressing, etc ridiculously, esp in public （因行为、穿着等）出丑, 出洋相
*make a spectacle of oneself by arguing with the waiter 跟服务员争吵而出丑.
[Date: 1300-1400; Language: Old French;Origin:Latin spectaculum, from spectare; SPECTATOR]
a very impressive show or scene
a multimedia dance and opera spectacle
an unusual or interesting thing or situation that you see or notice - used especially in order to show disapproval
The trial was turned into a public spectacle .
the spectacle of drunken young men on the streets
spectacles [plural]formal or old-fashioned glasses that help you see
make a spectacle of yourself
to behave in an embarrassing way that is likely to make other people notice you and laugh at you
1. This is a moving spectacle, for crowds of people stand on the shore watching the lanterns drifting away until they can be seen no more. 这是一个感人的场面，人们成群地伫立在海岸上，注视着灯笼远去，直到再也看不见为止。
2. She presented a more majestic spectacle than Stockholmers had ever seen before. 她所呈现的壮观是斯德哥尔人从未见过的.
3. She presented a more majestic spectacle than Stockholmers had ever seen before. "瓦萨"号展现的壮观景象是斯德哥尔摩人从未见过的。
4. Could any spectacle, for instance, be more grimly whimsical than that of gunners using science to shatter men´s bodies. 例如:炮手们用科学来毁坏人体,还有比这更令人害怕的怪诞情景吗?
5. Could any spectacle, for instance, be more grimly whimsical than that of gunners using science to shatter men´s bodies while, close at hand, surgeons use it to restore them? 例如：炮兵利用科学毁坏人的身体、而外科医生就在附近用科学抢救被炮兵毁坏的人体，还有什么情景比这更可怕、更怪诞的吗？
6. It was a moving spectacle. 这是个另人感动的景象.