n.符咒,魅力,一段时间,轮班 vt.拼写,拼成,意味着,轮值,招致,迷住 vi.轮替,拼字
动词过去式:spelled/spelt 过去分词:spelled/spelt 现在分词:spelling 第三人称单数:spells
1 (a) [C] words which when spoken are thought to have magical power; charm 咒语; 咒; 符咒
*a book of spells 咒语集
* The wizard recited a spell. 那术士念了一咒.
(b) [C usu sing 通常作单数] state or condition caused by the speaking of such words (used esp in the expressions shown) 被咒语镇住的状态, 中魔（尤用于以下示例）
*be under a spell, ie be in this state 被咒语镇住
* cast/put a spell on sb 对某人施魔咒.
2 [sing] great attraction, fascination, etc caused by a person or thing; strong influence 魅力; 魔力; 威势
*under the spell of her beauty 被她的美艳迷住
* the mysterious spell of music 音乐的神奇魔力.
1 period of time during which sth lasts （某事物持续的）一段时间
*a long spell of warm weather 持续很久的温暖的天气
* a cold spell in January 一月份中一段寒冷的日子
* rest for a short spell 歇一会儿.
2 ~ (at/on sth) period of activity or duty (esp one which two or more people share); turn 活动的或工作的一段时间; （尤指）轮班的时间
*a spell at the wheel of the car, eg when two people are sharing the driving 轮流驾驶汽车
* a spell on the typewriter 打一会儿字
* We took spells at carrying the baby. 我们轮流抱孩子.
v (pt, pp spelled / speld; spZld/ or spelt / spelt; spZlt/) =>Usage at dream2 用法见dream2.
1 (a) [Tn, Tn.pr, Cn.n] name or write letters of (a word) in their correct order （用字母）拼（某字）; 拼写
*How do you spell your name? 你的名字怎么拼写?
* That word is spelt with a PH, not an F. 那个字里的f音拼作PH而不是F.
* You spell his name P-A-U-L. 他的名字拼作P-A-U-L.
(b) [I, Tn] put the letters of (words) together in the correct or accepted order 正确地拼（字）
*These children can't spell. 这些孩子不会拼字.
* Why don't you learn to spell my name (correctly)? 你怎么不花点工夫把我的名字拼对呢?
2 [Tn] (of letters) form (words) when put together in a particular order （指字母）拼成（字）
*C-A-T spells cat. C-A-T拼成cat.
3 [Tn] have (sth) as a result; mean 招致（某事物）; 意味着
*The failure of their crops spelt disaster for the peasant farmers. 作物歉收农民就要受灾.
4 (phr v) spell sth out
(a) say aloud or write the letters of (a word) in their correct order 拼出（某字）
*Could you spell that word out for me again? 那个字你再拼一遍好吗?
(b) make sth clear and easy to understand; explain sth in detail 讲清楚某事; 详细解释某事
*My instructions seem simple enough do I have to spell them out again? 我的要求算是够明白的了--还要我再讲清楚吗?
* She's so stupid that you have to spell everything out. 她笨极了, 什么事都要给她解释得明明白白.
1. How do you spell ´intelligent´? intelligent" 怎样拼写？
2. How hard I have been trying to get every sound right, to spell every word correctly and to speak the little English I know! 为了发好每个音，拼对每个单词，说出我知道的那点英语，我付出的努力太大了！
3. But other farms are less favourably sited, and flooding can sometimes spell disaster for their owners. 但其他农场的位置不那么有利，有时洪水会给农场主带来灾难。
4. But other farms are less favourably sited, and flooding can sometimes spell disaster for their owners. 其他农场地势欠佳，洪水有时会给农场主带来灾难。
5. I remember the many times she tried to spell words into my small hand. 我记得她曾多次试着在我的小手上拼写单词，