动词过去式:spun 过去分词:spun 现在分词:spinning 第三人称单数:spins
v (-nn-; pt spun / spQn; spQn/ or, in archaic use, 古语拼作 span / spn; spAn/, pp spun)
1 (a) [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (round) make sth turn round and round rapidly 使某物快速旋转
*spin the ball, eg in cricket or tennis 打旋转球（如板球或网球中）
* spin a top 转陀螺
* He spun the wheel of his bicycle. 他快速转动自行车的轮子.
* They spun a coin to decide who should start, ie threw it spinning in the air to see which side was uppermost when it landed. 他们抛转硬币来决定谁开场.
(b) [I, Ipr, Ip] move round and round rapidly 快速旋转
*The revolving sign was spinning round and round in the wind. 旋转的标志牌在风中打着旋儿.
* The collision sent the car spinning across the road. 汽车被撞得转着圈儿冲到路的另一边.
* The blow sent him spinning back against the wall. 他被打得晕头转向, 撞在後面的墙上.
* She spun round to catch the ball. 她飞快地转身接球.
* (fig 比喻) My head is spinning, ie I feel dizzy. 我头晕.
2 (a) [I, Tn, Tn.pr] ~ (A into B)/(B from A) form (thread) from wool, cotton, silk, etc by drawing out and twisting; make (yarn) from wool, etc in this way 纺（线）; 纺（纱）
*She spins goat's hair into wool/spins wool from goat's hair. 她把山羊毛纺成毛线.
(b) [I] engage in the occupation or pastime of spinning thread 纺纱（为业或消遣）
*I enjoy spinning. 我喜欢纺纱.
3 [Tn] (of a spider, silkworm, etc) produce (fine silk or silk-like material) from the body in order to make (a web, cocoon, etc) （指蜘蛛等）结（网）; （指蚕等）吐丝做（茧）
*spiders spinning their webs 结网的蜘蛛
* silkworms spinning cocoons 做茧的蚕.
4 (idm 习语) spin (sb) a `yarn tell a (usu long) story, often in order to deceive sb 讲故事（通常很长, 常用以蒙人）
*The old sailor loves to spin yarns about his life at sea. 那老水手爱信口开河地讲他的航海生涯.
* He spun us this unlikely yarn about being trapped for hours in a broken lift. 他对我们胡诌在坏电梯中困了几个小时.
5 (phr v) spin along (sth) move along rapidly on wheels （车辆）疾驰
*The car was spinning merrily along (the road). 汽车（沿路）轻快地奔驰着. spin sth out make sth last as long as possible 使某事物尽量延长或拖延
*spin out the time by talking 靠说话来拖延时间
* spin one's money out until the next pay-day 省着花钱以维持到发工资那天.
1 [U, C] turning or spinning movement 旋转
*[attrib 作定语] spin bowling 投旋球
* The bowler gave
(a) spin to the ball, eg in cricket, baseball, etc. 投球手发了一个旋球（如在板球、棒球等运动中）.
* He gambled his money on one spin of the wheel, eg at a game of roulette. 他把钱压在（轮盘赌等的）一局上.
2 [C usu sing 通常作单数] fast spinning movement of an aircraft during a diving descent （飞行器的）旋冲
*go/get into a spin 进入旋冲状态
* come/get out of a spin 脱离旋冲状态.
3 [C] (infml 口) short ride for pleasure (in a car, on a bicycle, etc) （乘汽车、骑自行车等）兜风
*Let's go for a spin in my new car. 坐我的新汽车兜一圈吧.
4 (idm 习语) in a (flat) `spin in a state of panic or confusion 惊慌失措; 晕头转向
*I've been in a real spin all morning. 我整个上午都晕头转向的.
1. Economize in order to make one´s money spin out until next payday. 节省花钱以维持到下一次发薪。
2. The F-16 can fly straight up. It can spin, dive, turn, climb, roll, and make loops with the grace of an eagle. F-16可以垂直向上飞，能旋转、俯冲、转弯、爬升、翻滚，能像鹰一样优雅地翻筋斗。
3. As he lay thinking, he saw a spider over his head, trying to spin a web. 他正躺在地上想着，忽见头上有一只蜘蛛在织网。
4. One Tokyo attraction has six roller coasters (环滑车道), which can spin 360 degrees, while whipping around the track. 东京的一家游乐园里有6个环滑车道，能在沿着轨道快速滑行时，作360度旋转。