n (pl -men /-mEn; -mEn/) (fem 阴性作 spokeswoman / 5spEUkswUmEn; `spoks9wJmEn/, pl -women / -wImIn; -wImIn/) person who speaks, or is chosen to speak, on behalf of a group 发言人. =>Usage at chair 用法见 chair.
1. He was the spokesman for the workers on strike. 他是罢工工人的发言人。
2. "We had to start building some place," says a spokesman for one of the companies, "and that was in areas where there are customers we believe will buy the service. This is a business." 其中一家公司的发言人说："我们总要先从某些地区开始，而(那)就应该是我们认为会有顾客购买这些服务的地区。做生意就是这样。"
3. Anyway, a company spokesman says, no one has yet put his moustache before a job. 公司发言人说，不管怎样，至今还没有人把胡子看得比工作还重要。
4. Asked to describe other aspects of the effort to make the park more European, a spokesman mentioned that direction signs in the theme park will be in French as well as English, and that some performers will chat in French, Spanish and English. 当问及还有什么其他措施来使主题公园更欧洲化时，一位发言人提到，公园的指示牌会既用英语，也用法语，一些表演者会以法语、西班牙语和英语表演。
5. "The challenge is telling things people already know — and at the same time making it different," the spokesman said. 这位发言人说："难的是要将人们已熟知的事说得让它听起来不同。"
6. Another Disney spokesman said earlier that the aim of the theme park is to provide a basically American experience for those who seek it. 迪斯尼的另一位发言人早些时候说主题公园的目的就是为那些追求美式生活的人带来基本上是美国式的体验。