红甘蓝 紫甘蓝菜 紫高丽菜 红球甘蓝 红高丽菜
名词:squasher 动词过去式:squashed 过去分词:squashed 现在分词:squashing 第三人称单数:squashes
1 (a) [Tn, Cn.a] press or squeeze (sb/sth) flat or into a pulp; crush 将（某人[某物]）压扁, 压烂, 挤扁, 挤碎
*squashed tomatoes 挤烂的蕃茄
* The cat got run over by the lorry and squashed. 那只猫被卡车辗死了.
* He sat on his hat and squashed it (flat). 他把帽子坐扁了.
(b) [I] become squashed or pressed out of shape 被压扁或压烂; 因挤压而变形
*Soft fruit squashes easily. 无核的小水果容易压烂.
2 [Ipr, Ip, Tn.pr, Tn.p] force (sth/sb/oneself) in the specified direction by squeezing; crowd 将（某物[某人/自己]）向某方向挤; 挤进去
*Don't all try to squash into the lift together. 不要统统挤进电梯里去.
* They squashed through the gate into the football ground. 他们挤过大门, 进入足球场.
* There's room for one more in the car if you squash in. 汽车里还可以坐一个, 你挤进来吧.
* They managed to squash forty people into the bus. 那辆公共汽车好不容易塞进了四十个人.
* She squashed her clothes down into the suitcase. 她把衣服塞进箱子里了.
3 [Tn] (infml 口) silence or subdue (sb) rudely, esp with an unpleasant reply; snub 粗暴地使（某人）住嘴; 镇住（某人）; （尤指）拿话噎（某人）; 厉声呵斥
*I felt completely squashed by her sarcastic comment. 她冷嘲热讽把我噎得一句话都说不出来.
(a) defeat or subdue (a rebellion, etc); crush 平定（叛乱等）; 镇压; 制服.
(b) (infml 口) reject or dismiss (an idea, a proposal, etc) 拒绝接受（主意、提议等）
*My plan was firmly squashed by the committee. 委员会把我的计画全盘否定了.
5 (phr v) squash (sb) up (against sb/sth) (cause sb to) press tightly and uncomfortably (against another person or thing) （使某人）（跟他人或某物）挤在一起
*We had to squash up to make room for the others who wanted to use the lift. 我们得挤出空位让其他想搭电梯的人进来.
* There were four of us squashed up against each other on the seat. 我们四个人挤在座位上.
1 (a) [C usu sing 通常作单数] crowd of people pressed together in a confined space 拥挤的人群
*What a squash! 真拥挤呀!
* a violent squash at the gates 在门口拚命猛挤的人群.
(b) state of being pressesd together in this way 拥挤
*It'll be a bit of a squash, but I think I can get you all in the car. 挤是挤一点, 但我看可以把你们全弄上汽车.
2 [U, C] (Brit) soft drink made from fruit juice, sugar and water, usu sold in bottles and drunk with water added 果汁饮料（通常为瓶装, 饮用时加水）
*some orange squash 一些橙汁饮料
* Two squashes, please. 请来两客果汁饮料.
3 [U] (also fml 正规作 `squash rackets) game played with rackets and a small softish hollow rubber ball, in a court enclosed by walls and a roof （软式）墙网球; 壁球
*[attrib 作定语] a squash racket, ball, court, game 墙网球的球拍、球、球场、比赛
* Do you play squash? 你会打墙网球吗? Cf 参看 racket1 2. =>illus 见插图.
n (pl unchanged or ~es 复数或不变或作 squashes) [U, C] any of several types of large gourd common in the US and eaten as a vegetable 西葫芦; 美国南瓜.
edible fruit of a squash plant; eaten as a vegetable
1. There´s not much sustenance in a glass of orange squash. 一杯橙汁饮料没有什么营养.