名词:stainer 动词过去式:stained 过去分词:stained 现在分词:staining 第三人称单数:stains 形容词:stainable
dis-=apart,away dis-是由分离引申为移去、剥夺、反对、否定，尤其加强语气的重要字首 变化型 de-,des-,di-,dif-,s-
1 [esp passive 尤用于被动语态
*Tn, Tn.pr, Cn.a] ~ sth (with sth) change the colour of sth; leave or make coloured patches or dirty marks on sth, esp ones that are difficult to remove 改变某物的颜色; 染污, 沾污（某物）（尤指难以清除）
*fingers stained with nicotine 被尼古丁染黄的手指
* blood-stained hands 沾着血污的手
* a tablecloth stained with gravy 沾上肉汁的桌布
* The blackberry juice stained their fingers (red).黑莓汁把他们的手指给染（红）了.
2 [I] become discoloured or marked in this way 被染污; 被沾污
*Our white carpet stains easily. 我们的白地毯不耐脏.
3 [Tn, Tn.pr, Cn.a] colour (wood, fabric, etc) with a substance that penetrates the material; dye 给（木材、布等）染色或着色
*The biologist stained the specimen before looking at it through the microscope. 那位生物学家先把标本染色, 然後再通过显微镜进行观察.
* He stained the wood dark brown. 他把木头染成深褐色了.
4 [esp passive 尤用于被动语态
*Tn, Tn.pr] (fml fig 文, 比喻) bring disgrace to or damage (sb's reputation, good name, etc); blemish 玷污, 败坏（某人的名声等）
*The incident stained his career. 那件小事给他的事业抹上了污斑.
1 [U, C] liquid, etc used for staining wood, fabric, etc; dye 染色剂; 着色剂; 染料; 颜料
*How much stain should I buy for the table? 给这张桌子上色, 我得买多少颜料?
* a range of wood stains 木材着色剂系列.
2 [C] dirty mark or patch of colour caused by staining (stainv 1) 污点; 污斑; 污迹
*There's an ink stain on your shirt. 你的衬衫上有一个墨水斑.
* I can't get these coffee stains out of the carpet. 我弄不掉地毯上的咖啡污迹. [C] thing that causes disgrace (to a person's reputation, etc); moral blemish 玷污（某人名声等的）事物; 品德上的污点
*He left the court without a stain on his character. 他经法庭一役, 人格丝毫无损.
1. Despite one of history's most extensive search efforts, involving more than 300 planes and dozens of ships, the Navy found nothing, not even an oil stain floating on the water. 尽管美国海军发动了有史以来范围最大的一次搜寻，动用了300多架飞机和几十艘战舰，依然一无所获，甚至没发现一点油迹漂在水上。
2. At any moment he expected to hear Bonpland scream, to see the first blood begin to stain the water. 他随时都预料可能听到庞普朗尖叫起来，随时都可能看到第一滴血开始将河水染红。