1. Bringing people of different ages and social status together may help you think in new ways. 把不同年龄、不同社会地位的人组合在一起，都会有助于你用新的方法思考问题。
2. Be honest and open about who you really are. People who lack genuine core values rely on external factors — their looks or status — in order to feel good about themselves. 要诚实坦白地表现真正的自我。缺乏实实在在内涵的人会去依靠外部因素——如长相或地位——来保持良好的自我感觉。
3. Women have very little status in many countries. 在许多国家, 妇女没有什么地位.
4. While clothing serves a purely practical function, how you dress also communicates many things about your social status, state of mind and even your aspirations and dreams. 尽管衣服纯粹服务于一种实用目的，但你的着装方式也会传递很多东西，如你的社会地位、思想状况，甚至你的渴望和梦想。
5. The stylists also emphasize that everyone is at risk and that all of us have a right to protect ourselves — regardless of marriage status. 发型设计师们也强调每个人都存在着危险，所以我们每个人都有权保护自己--不管婚姻状况如何。
6. That would surely be true if a cloned individual were treated as a lesser being, with fewer rights or lower status. 假如克隆的人被当作一种次等动物，权利小，地位低，事实就会的确如此。
7. He will be earning only half as much as he used to, but he feels that his rise in status is well worth the loss of money. 他将来挣的钱只有他现在的一半。不过他觉得，地位升高了，损失点儿钱也值得。
8. "Why the haste? Who is this Mark? What's his citizenship status?" "干吗这么匆忙？这个马克是什么人？他是什么公民身份?"
9. "For a woman who already has a poor iron status, any additional iron loss from exercise may be enough to tip her over the edge into a more serious deficiency," notes the expert. 他提醒说，"对于那些已经缺铁的女性，任何因锻炼而产生的更多铁离子流失都足以导致体内缺铁状况的恶化。"
10. "Jukus are playing on the status anxieties of these parents," said Makoto Oda, an author who taught in jukus in Tokyo for more than 20 years. 课外学校就利用了家长们对地位的焦虑，"小田诚说。这位作家在东京的课外学校教书20多年了。