名词:storer 动词过去式:stored 过去分词:stored 现在分词:storing 第三人称单数:stores 形容词:storable
1 [C] quantity or supply of sth kept for use as needed 贮存; 储藏; 储备
*lay in (ie buy and keep) stores of coal for the winter 储存冬季用煤
* have a good store of food in the house 家里储备了大量食物.
2 [C usu sing 通常作单数] ~ (of sth) large accumulated quantity or amount 累积而成的巨大数量
*a library with a store of rare books 藏有大量珍本的图书馆
* She keeps a store of amusing stories in her head. 她头脑里有许多有趣的故事.
3 stores [pl]
(a) goods, etc of a particular type, or for a special purpose （某类或某用途的）货物、物品等
*military stores 军需品
* government stationery stores 政府的文书用具.
(b) supply of such goods or place where they are kept 储备品等的供应; 仓库; 储藏所
*available from stores 有存货的.
4 [C] (computing 计) device in a computer for storing and retrieving information 存储器.
5 [C] (esp US) (often in compounds 常用以构成复合词) shop 商店
*the liquor store 酒店
* the drugstore 药店.
6 [C] (esp large) shop selling many different types of goods （尤指大型的）百货商店
*a big department store 大百货公司
* a general store in the village 乡村的百货商店.
7 (idm 习语) in store (for sb/sth)
(a) kept ready for (future) use 储存着; 备有
*He always keeps several cases of wine in store. 他总是备有几箱酒.
(b) coming in the future; about to happen 必将到来; 快要发生
*I can see trouble in store. 我预见到以後要有麻烦.
* There's a surprise in store for you. 你一定要大吃一惊的. set (great/little/no/not much) store by sth consider sth to be of (great/little, etc) importance or value 认为某事物（非常[不太]等）重要或有价值
*I don't set (much) store by weather forecasts. 我认为天气预报（有些）靠不住.
1 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ sth (up/away) collect and keep sth for future use 储备或储存某物
*a squirrel storing (up) food for the winter 储存食物准备过冬的松鼠
* I've stored my winter clothes (away) in the attic. 我把冬天的衣服存放在阁楼里了.
2 [Tn] put (furniture, etc) in a warehouse, etc to be kept safe 将（家具等）保存在仓库等中
*They've stored their furniture while they go abroad. 他们出国时把家具送到仓库保管起来.
3 [esp passive 尤用于被动语态
*Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth(with sth) stock sth (with sth useful); supply or fill sth 装备某事物; 供应或装满某事物
*a gallery stored with fine paintings 藏有珍品画的艺术馆
* a mind well stored with facts 博闻强记的头脑.
4 [Tn] hold (sth); contain 容纳（某物）; 含有
*This cupboard can store enough food for a month. 这个食橱能装下足够一个月之用的食物.
Halle Brothers building at Shaker Square, a former department store building constructed for the Halle Brothers Co. in the Shaker Square section of Cleveland, Ohio, was constructed in 1948.
1. Bees store honey in honeycombs inside hives. 蜜蜂将蜂蜜储藏在蜂巢里。
2. By 2084, if we can store a dead body in a cold refrigerator room soon enough, lots of people who now would die may not. 到2084年，如果我们能及早将尸体储存到冷藏室内，那么许多现在可能难逃一死的人或许可以就起死回生了。
3. Would you please stop at the grocery store and pick up some tissues, toothpaste and soap? 能否请你在杂货店里停一下,买一些牙膏,卫生纸和肥皂?
4. Would you please stop at the grocery store and pick up some tissues, toothbrush and soap? 能否请你在杂货店里停一下,买一些牙刷,卫生纸和肥皂?
5. When a thief was caught on the premises of a large jewellery store one morning, 一天上午，当一个小偷在一家大型珠宝店里被人抓住的时候，
6. The store sent us a new catalog of its merchandise. 商店寄给我们一份新的商品目录。
7. The proprietor of the store was formerly a farmer. 这家商店的老板以前是一个农民。
8. They sell everything at a reduction of 10 percent at the store. 这家商店每种货品都减价一成出售.
9. The shopkeeper gave his store a final checkup before closing for the night. 店主在晚上打烊前对商店作了最后检查。
10. That candy store uses fancy tape to tie all packages. 那个糖果店用各种花样的线带扎包裹。