n.暴风雨,暴风雪 v.狂怒咆哮 [军] Sensor,Tank,Off-Route Mine,路外反坦克雷传感器
动词过去式:stormed 过去分词:stormed 现在分词:storming 第三人称单数:storms
1 [C] (often in compounds 常用以构成复合词) occasion of violent weather conditions, with strong winds and usu rain or snow or thunder, etc 风暴; 暴风雨; 暴风雪; 雷暴天气
*a `thunder-/`wind-/`rain-/`snow-/`dust-/`sand-storm 雷暴[风暴/雨暴/雪暴/尘暴/沙暴]
* A storm is brewing, ie coming. 暴风雨要来了.
* [attrib 作定语] a storm warning 风暴警报
* cross the Channel in a storm 在暴风雨中渡过英吉利海峡
* The forecast says there will be storms. 天气预报称将有暴风雨.
2 [C] ~ (of sth) sudden violent outburst or display of strong feeling 感情的猛然爆发或激烈表现
*a storm of anger, weeping, cheering, abuse, criticism 一阵愤怒、大哭、欢呼、辱骂、抨击
* His proposal was met by a storm of protest. 他的建议遭到激烈的反对.
3 storms [pl] (US infml 口) storm-door or storm-window （防风暴的）外重门或外重窗.
4 (idm 习语) any port in a storm => port1. the calm before the storm => calm n. the eye of the storm => eye1. ride out/weather the/a `storm
(a) (nautical 海) endure and survive a storm (esp at sea) 战胜风暴（尤指在海上）.
(b) survive opposition, criticism, difficult circumstances, etc without being seriously affected 经受住反对、批评、困难的处境等; 渡过难关. a storm in a `teacup a lot of fuss, excitement, disturbance, etc about sth unimportant 茶杯里的风暴（小事惹起的轩然大波）. take sth/sb by `storm
(a) capture sth by a violent and sudden attack （以猛烈袭击）攻占某处或袭取某事物
*take a city by storm 以袭击攻克一城市.
(b) (of a performer or performance) have great and rapid success with (people or a place); captivate sth/sb （指表演者或演出）在（观众中或某地）大获成功; 迷住某事物[某人]
*The play took the audience/Paris by storm. 该剧一下子迷住了观众[轰动了巴黎].
1 [I, Ipr, Tn] ~ (at sb) express violent anger; shout angrily and loudly 大发雷霆; 愤怒地大声喊叫
*`Get out of here!' he stormed. ｀滚出去!＇他嚷道.
2 [Ipr, Ip] ~ about, around, off, etc move or walk in a very angry or violent manner in the direction specified 怒气冲冲地或其势凶猛地向某方向移动或行走
*storming round the house 围着房子乱闯
* storm out of the room 愤怒地冲出房间
* After the argument she stormed off. 经过争论之後她愤然离开.
3 [Ipr, Ip, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ (one's way) across, in, through, etc attack violently and force a way across, etc (a place) 猛攻而强行穿越、经过...（某处）
*Three soldiers stormed into the house. 有三名士兵冲进了那所房子.
* They stormed (their way) in. 他们闯了进去.
4 [Tn] capture (sth) by a sudden and violent attack 攻占, 袭取（某事物）
*storm a castle, fort, building, etc 攻占一城堡、要塞、建筑物等.
1. Engineers build huge storm pipes or sewers (污水沟) to carry the storm water away, but these cause another problem. 工程师们就建造了巨大的雨水管道或下水道来把暴雨雨水排出去，但是这些设施会引起另一个问题。
2. When our plane landed in the storm , it hit the runway with a jolt. 我们的飞机在暴风雨中着陆时，颠簸着落在地上。
3. The storm showed elemental fury in its violence. 暴雨显示了大自然的狂暴力量。
4. These clouds are ominous. They portend a severe storm. 这些云是不祥的预兆, 预示着一场大风暴即将来临。
5. Those clouds presage a storm. 那样的密云预示著暴风雨将要来临.
6. This painting is a representation of a storm at sea. 这幅油画表现的是海上风暴.
7. They found shelter from the storm in a barn. 他们在谷仓里躲避暴风雨.
8. The storm cut a swathe through the forest. 暴风雨把大片大片的森林夷为平地.
9. He slept very well for the first two nights, but on the third night, a storm blew up. 头两天晚上，他睡得非常好。但第三天晚上起了风暴。
10. A storm is imminent. 暴风雨即将来临。