形容词比较级:stranger 最高级:strangest 副词:strangely
adj (-r, -st)
1 not previously known, seen, felt, heard of, etc; not familiar or of one's own 前所未知、未见、未觉察、未听说过等的; 不熟悉的; 陌生的; 不属于自己的
*in a strange country, town, neighbourhood, etc 在陌生的国度、城市、地方等
* Never accept lifts from strange men. 千万不要坐陌生人的顺路车.
2 unusual; surprising 不同寻常的; 奇特的; 奇异的; 奇怪的
*What strange clothes you're wearing! 你穿的衣服真特别!
* It's strange we haven't heard from him. 奇怪的是我们没有他的音信.
* She says she feels strange, ie rather unwell, perhaps dizzy. 她说她觉得不大舒服.
* It feels strange to be visiting the place again after all these years. 时隔多年, 旧地重访使人感到很新奇.3 [pred 作表语] ~ to sth fresh or unaccustomed to sth 对某事物感到陌生或不习惯
*He's strange to the work. 他对这工作很外行.
* The village boy was strange to city life. 那个农村男孩儿过不惯城市生活.
4 (idm 习语) ,strange to re`late/`say... it is surprising that... 说也奇怪...
*Strange to say, he won! 说来奇怪, 他赢了!
1. Everyone experiences this strange state and can take advantage of it. 人人都会经历这种奇怪的状态，并可以加以利用。
2. But one can't help feeling Chaplin would have regarded this strange incident as a fitting memorial — his way of having the last laugh on a world to which he had given so many. 但是人们不禁会感到，卓别林一定会把这一奇怪的事件看作是对他的十分恰当的纪念——他以这种方式给这个自己曾带来这么多笑声的世界留下最后的笑声。
3. The reason for such strange behavior is beyond my ken. 我无法解释这些古怪的行为。
4. The strange mechanical device is the prototype of modern cars. 这奇怪的机械装置是现代汽车的原型。
5. There was an uncanny silence before we heard the strange voice. 在我们听到这古怪的声音前,有一阵神秘的几寂静.
6. Though people have often laughed at stories told by seamen, it is now known that many of these ´monsters´ which have at times been sighted are simply strange fish. 虽然人们常常对水手们讲的故事付诸一笑，但现在看来，人们有时看到的这些"妖怪"很多不过是些奇怪的鱼。
7. The things that initially made you feel uncomfortable or strange are now things that you understand. 最初使你感到不舒服或陌生的东西，现在已成了你能理解的东西了。
8. The men on the ship saw a strange object lying on the beach. It was moving toward them — perhaps twenty feet an hour. 船上的人看见海滩上躺着一个奇怪的东西。这个东西正向他们爬过来--速度大概是每小时20英尺。
9. Three weeks later, when he felt better, he told them his story. But there was one strange thing: he feared there wasn't enough food on the ship. 过了三个星期，当他觉得好点的时候，他向他们讲述了自己的故事。但有一件怪事 ：他总担心船上没有足够的食物。
10. Then I heard a strange sound and my body lost control. Moments later I realized I had hit my head on the board. 接着我听到一种奇怪的响声，身体就失去了控制。很快我便意识到自己的头部碰到了跳板。