Wet strength of paper is a measure of how well the fibreweb holds together upon a force of rupture. Wet strength is routinely expressed as the ratio of wet to dry tensile force at break.
1. B: That´s right. It was the Party that got the workers organized and made them feel their own strength. B：是啊。是党把工人们组织起来，才使他们感受到了自己的力量。
2. Thus the rods, by falling, and by the direction in which they fell, recorded for the slumbering scientist the strength of a shock that was too weak to waken him, and the direction from which it came. 由于地震太弱而未惊醒科学家时，木棒倒下的多少和倒下的方向就为科学家记录下了地震的强度和地震方向。
3. This was a great lesson to me, and now I saw, though too late, the folly of beginning a work before we count the cost, and before we judge rightly of our own strength to go through with it. 这事给了我很大教训。尽管为时太晚，我现在明白了：在开始做一件事之前，不先估计一下代价，不先正确地估计自己是否有做完这件事的力量，那真是太愚蠢了！
4. The continual source of our strength was our mutual trust and respect. 相互信任和尊重是我们俩永不枯竭的力量源泉。
5. Nights are long in hospitals, but all through the night the young Marine sat there in the dimly-lit ward, holding the old man's hand and offering words of hope and strength. 医院里长夜漫漫，但是年轻的海军陆战队队员整夜都坐在灯光昏暗的病房里，握着老人的手，说着充满希望与力量的话。
6. His handling of the crisis attested to his strength of character. 他对危机的处理证明了他性格坚强.
7. His strength has diminished over the years. 经过这许多年月, 他的体力不如从前了.
8. He hadn´t enough strength of mind to refuse. 他意志力不够坚强，无法拒绝。
9. However, size and strength are not the only important things about this bridge. 然而，这座桥重要特点不仅是它的规模与强度。
10. He fell. The wolf came close to him, but the man was ready. He got on top of the wolf and held its mouth closed and bit it with his last strength. 他倒下了。狼缓缓靠近他，但他却准备好了。他跳到狼身上，紧紧卡住狼的嘴，然后用仅剩下的一点力气咬住它。