动词过去式:submitted 过去分词:submitted 现在分词:submitting 第三人称单数:submits 名词:submittal
miss,mit＝to send（送）,to throw（投;掷）
1 [I, Ipr] ~ (to sb/sth) accept the control, superior strength, etc (of sb/sth); yield (to sb/sth) 屈服或归顺于（某人[某事物]）; 服从, 顺从（某人[某事物]）
*I refuse to submit. 我决不屈服.
* submit to discipline, superior force, etc 遵守纪律、慑服于优势兵力
* submit to the enemy, a tyrant, etc 向敌人投降、向暴君低头.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (to sb/sth) give sth (to sb/sth) so that it may be considered, decided on, etc （向某人[某事物]）提交或呈递某事物（以供考虑、裁决等）
*submit an essay to one's tutor 向指导教师呈交论文
* submit plans to the council for approval 向委员会提交计画呈请批准
* submit an application, estimate, claim, etc 提出一项申请、估价、要求等.
3 [Tf no passive 不用于被动语态] (law 律) suggest (sth); argue 建议（某事物）; 认为
*Counsel for the defence submitted that his client was clearly innocent. 被告的律师辩称其委托人显然是无辜的.
* The case, I would submit, is not proven. 本人认为此案证据不足.
v past tense and past participlesubmittedpresent participlesubmitting
1300-1400; Language: Latin;Origin:
submittere 'to lower, submit'
, from mittere 'to send'
to give a plan, piece of writing etc to someone in authority for them to consider or approvesubmit an application/claim/proposal etc All applications must be submitted by Monday. [I and T]formal
to agree to obey a person, group, set of rules, especially when you have no choice
= give insubmit to Derek has agreed to submit to questioning. [T]formal law
to suggest or say somethingsubmit (that) I submit that the jury has been influenced by the publicity in this case.
1. The turtle peacefully submit to all sorts of indignities. 海龟温顺地忍受着各种侮辱.
2. I submit to his wishes. 我顺从他的意愿.
3. Who peacefully submit to all sorts of indignities. 海龟则温顺地忍受着各种侮辱。
4. First, you should try to determine what makes you submit or feel guilty. 首先，你应该设法弄清楚是什么东西使你让步、或者让你感到内疚的。