n.太阳,阳光,恒星 vt.晒 n.(Sun) 星期天(=Sunday) 美国Sun公司,主要生产SUN系列工作站和网络产品,是JAVA语言的创始者
动词过去式:sunned 过去分词:sunned 现在分词:sunning 第三人称单数:suns
1 (also the sun) [sing] the star around which the earth orbits and from which it receives lightand warmth 太阳; 日
*the sun's rays 太阳的光线
* sendinga space probe to the sun 向太阳发射一个航天探测器
* A watery sun shone through the rain-clouds. 太阳透过雨云发出有雨意的光.
2 (also the sun) [sing, U] light and warmth from the sun; sunshine 太阳的光和热; 日光; 阳光
*sit in the sun 坐在阳光下
* have the sun in one's eyes 阳光照眼
* draw the curtains to shut out/let in the sun 拉窗帘遮蔽[放进]阳光
* I like lots of sun on holiday. 我喜欢在假日里多晒太阳.
3 [C] any star, esp one around which planets orbit 星体; （尤指）恒星
*There are many suns larger than ours. 有许多恒星比我们的太阳还要大.
4 (idm 习语) catch the sun => catch1.make hay while the sun shines => hay. a place in the sun => place1. under the `sun (anywhere) in the world 在世界上（任何地方）
*the best wine under the sun 世界上最好的酒
* every country under the sun 世界上每一个国家. with the `sun at dawn or sunset 在日出或日落时; 在黎明或傍晚时分
*get up/go to bed with the sun 黎明即起[日落而息].
v (-nn-) [Tn] `~ oneself expose oneself to the rays of the sun 晒太阳
*He sat in a deck-chair `sunning himself. 他坐在帆布躺椅上晒太阳.
the written abbreviation of Sunday
1. But I did not know that the sun could shine and the air remain cold; no one had ever told me. 但我不知道阳光灿烂时，空气还会是冰冷的，从来没有人告诉过我这一点。
2. We spent many idle hours just sitting in the sun. 我们在太阳地里呆呆坐了好几个钟头.
3. We sometimes imagine a desert island to be a sort of paradise where the sun always shines. 我们有时想象荒岛是阳光终日普照的天堂。
4. Whether a planet can support life depends on the size and brightness of its star, that is its ´sun´. 一颗行星是否能够维持生命取决于它的恒星--即它的"太阳"--的大小和亮度。
5. When our part of the earth faces the sun, we see sunlight and have day. 我们这半球面对太阳时，我们能看到阳光，这时是白昼。
6. When our part begins to turn towards the sun and we see the first sunlight, we call it morning. 当我们这半球开始转向太阳时，我们看到朝阳，这就是早晨。
7. When we are facing the sun most directly, it is noon. 我们正对着太阳时，就是中午。
8. When we begin to turn away from the sun, we have afternoon and evening and night. 我们开始转离它时，就是下午。随后是黄昏和夜晚。
9. When the north pole is towards the sun, the sun´s rays shine down quite straight on the northern part of the earth, while they slant down towards the southern part. 北极斜向太阳时，阳光直射在北半球，斜射在南半球。
10. When the south pole is towards the sun, the southern half of the world (or the Southern Hemisphere) is warmer, and it has its summer (December, January and February). 当南极斜向太阳时，地球的南半部（南半球）就比较温暖，处于夏季（十二、一、二月）。