the objects, buildings, natural things etc that are around a person or thing at a particular time
He switched on the light and examined his surroundings.
I need to work in pleasant surroundings.
1. Normally, Americans do not assess their visitors in such relaxed surroundings over extended small talk; much less do they take them out for dinner, or for around on the golf course while they develop a sense of trust. 一般说来，美国人是不会在如此轻松的环境里通过长时间的闲聊来评估他们的客人的，更不用说他们会在增进相互间信任的过程中带他们出去吃饭，或带他们去高尔夫球场。
2. However, remained because they were able to fit in with their surroundings. 然而, 另一些物种继续生存下来, 因为它们能适应环境.
3. Animals in a zoo are not living in their natural surroundings. 动物园里的动物不是生活在自然环境之中。
4. She told me that my great-grandmother was still living in the surroundings of Beijing. 她告诉我：我的外曾祖母还住在北京的郊区。
5. People have more control over their surroundings than any other species on Earth. 与地球上其他物种相比，人类更能控制其周围的环境。