n.嫌疑犯 adj.令人怀疑的,不可信的,可疑的 v.怀疑,猜想,对...有所觉察
动词过去式:suspected 过去分词:suspected 现在分词:suspecting 第三人称单数:suspects
spec,spect＝to see,to look（看见）
/sə'spekt; sə`spɛkt/ v
1 [Tn, Tf, Tnt] have an idea of the existence, presence or truth of (sth); believe 有（某事物）存在或属实的想法; 相信
*He suspected an ambush. 他感到有埋伏.
* I strongly suspect that they're trying to get rid of me. 我强烈地感觉到他们要除掉我.* Most people don't, I suspect, realize this. 我想, 大多数人是意识不到这一点的.
* What she said sounded convincing, but I suspect it to be a lie. 她的话听起来像那么回事, 但我认为那是谎话.
2 [Tn] feel doubt about (sth); mistrust 怀疑（某事物）; 不信任
*suspect sb's motives 怀疑某人的动机
* I suspect the truth of her statement. 我对她那番话的真实性表示怀疑.
3 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb (of sth/doing sth) feel that sb is guilty of sth, without certain proof 怀疑某人有某罪
*Who do the police suspect (of the crime)? 警方怀疑谁（作的案）?
* What made you suspect her of having taken the money? 你凭什么怀疑钱是她偷的?
n person suspected of a crime, etc 嫌疑犯; 可疑对象
*The police are interrogating two suspects. 警方正在审讯两个嫌疑犯.
* He's a prime suspect in the murder case. 他是这次谋杀案的主要怀疑对象.
adj not to be relied on or trusted; possibly false 不可靠的; 不可信的; 可能有假的; 可疑的
*His statements are suspect. 他的说法靠不住.
* The car has a suspect tyre, eg one that is damaged and therefore dangerous. 这辆汽车的轮胎有问题（如已损坏故有危险）.
1. But a cloned child born to such suspect parents stands no greater or lesser chance of being loved, or rejected, than a child created the normal way. 但是，和一个正常生育的孩子相比，被心存疑虑的父母所克隆的孩子，被关爱或被抛弃的机会却是完全一样的。
2. The suspect is a tall and bony man. 嫌疑犯是个又高又瘦的男子。
3. 9.You suspect your rent (房租) or some other regular expense will increase. 9.你怀疑你的房租或其他常规开销将上涨。
4. This might seem psychologically suspect. 这在心理学上似乎不可信。
5. Or the honest-but-framed cowboy, or the sheriff made suspect by vicious gossip; 诚实却遭陷害的牛仔或因流言蜚语蒙受嫌疑的司法官。
6. Police suspect there may be a link between the two murders. 警方怀疑这两起谋杀案可能有关联.
7. If the grand jury indicts the suspect, he will be brought to trial. 如果大陪审团对嫌疑犯提出起诉, 后者将被送法院审理。
8. I suspect that she is ill , but I´m not sure. 我猜想她病了，但不敢肯定。
9. Intermittent tap-water supplies should be regarded as particularly suspect. 断断续续的水管应该被视为是非常可疑的。
10. I suspect that if I were a more refined Arthur or Adrian, the name would have appeared complete. 我怀疑假如我的名字是比较文雅的阿瑟、或艾德里安的话，我的名字早已完整地出现在杂志上了。