形容词:swampy 名词:swampiness 动词过去式:swamped 过去分词:swamped 现在分词:swamping 第三人称单数:swamps
n [C, U] (area of) soft wet land; marsh 湿软土地; 沼泽; 沼泽区.
1 [Tn] flood or soak (sth) with water 淹没或浸泡（某物）
*The sink overflowed and swamped the kitchen. 洗涤槽的水溢出来了, 厨房里到处是水.
* A huge wave swamped the boat. 一个巨浪淹没了那条船.2 [esp passive 尤用于被动语态
*Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb/sth (with sth) overwhelm sb/sth with a great quantity of things （以繁多的事物）压倒某人[某事物]
*We asked for applications and were swamped (with them). 我们请大家提出申请, 因而（为此）应接不暇.
* I've been swamped with work this year. 今年我工作忙得不可开交.
1. Brave investigators volunteered to drink swamp water, but nothing happened to them. 勇敢的调查者自愿喝沼泽里的水，但是什么也没发生。
2. We were beset by mosquitoes in the swamp. 我们在沼泽地里受到了蚊群围攻。
3. Ditches were dug to drain water from the swamp. 挖渠排掉沼泽的水。
4. It was hard to walk through the swamp. 要走过沼泽地是困难的。