n.桌子,餐桌,工作台,平地层,石板,表格 adj.桌子的,台子的 vt.搁置,嵌合,制表
动词过去式:tabled 过去分词:tabled 现在分词:tabling 第三人称单数:tables
1 [C] piece of furniture consisting of a flat top supported on one or more legs 桌子; 台子; 几
*a `dining-table 餐桌
* a `bedside-table 床侧小几
* a `billiard-table 台球台
* lay/set the table, ie prepare it for a meal with plates, cutlery, etc 摆餐具（准备用餐）. =>illus at App
1 见附录1插图, page xvi.
2 [sing] people seated at a table for a meal, etc （用餐等的）一桌人
*His jokes amused the whole table. 他讲的笑话把满桌人都逗笑了.
* a table of card-players 一桌玩纸牌的人.
3 [sing] food provided at table （摆上餐桌的）食物
*He keeps a good table, ie provides good meals. 他常备佳肴.
4 [C] (also `tableland / -lAnd; -lAnd/) large area of high level land; plateau 台地; 高地; 高原.
5 [C] list of facts or figures systematically arranged, esp in columns 一览表; 目录; 表
*a table of contents, ie a summary of what a book contains 目录
* learn one's (multiplication) tables 学会乘法表
* Do you know your six times table? 你会六的乘数表吗?
* log tables 对数表.
6 (idm 习语) at `table (while) having a meal 吃饭（时）; 用餐（时）
*Children must learn to behave at table. 小孩吃饭时必须有规矩.
* (fml 文) They were at table when we called. 我们去拜访时, 他们正在吃饭. drink sb under the table=> drink2. lay/put one's cards on the table => card1.the negotiating table => negotiate. on the `table
(a) (Brit) offered for consideration or discussion 提交考虑或讨论
*Management have put several new proposals on the table. 主管人员已将几项新建议提交讨论.
(b) (esp US) (of a proposal, etc) left for discussion until some future date （指建议等）搁置, 留待日後讨论. turn the `tables (on sb) reverse a situation so as to put oneself in a position of superiority 由劣势转为优势; 扭转形势. under the `table (of money) paid secretly, esp as a bribe （指钱）私下付的（尤指作为贿赂）. wait at table => wait1.
1 (Brit) submit (a motion or report in Parliament, etc) for discussion （在国会等）提出（动议或报告）供讨论
*The Opposition have tabled several amendments to the bill. 反对党已对议案提出几项修正.
2 (esp US) leave (a proposal, etc) to be discussed at some future date 将（建议等）搁置, 留待日後讨论.
In data warehousing, a dimension table is one of the set of companion tables to a fact table.
1. Easton read the letters several times over and finally with an oath threw them on the table. 伊斯顿把三封信反复地读了好几遍，最后大骂一声扔到了桌子上。
2. But when table, penholder and paper are all moving how is it possible to write legibly? 可是当桌子、笔的夹持装置和纸都在运动，如何能写得可以识别易读呢？
3. But when table, penholder and paper are all moving how is it possible to write legibly? 可是当桌子、笔的夹持装置和纸都在运动，如何能写得可以识别易读呢？
4. But when table, penholder and paper are all moving, how is it possible to write legibly? 可是，当桌子、夹笔装置、纸都在移动时，怎么能书写得清楚呢？
5. Breakfast was American, pancakes or bacon or ham and eggs, taken at the kitchen table. 早餐则是美式的，煎饼或熏猪肉或火腿加鸡蛋，坐在餐桌旁吃。
6. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the table- cloth off the table, smashing half your best crockery . 你接电话时，小孩把桌布扯下来了，把你最好的陶器打碎了一半.
7. What is the price of this table? 这张桌子多少钱?
8. When a shock came it shook the rigid table upon which these stood. 当地震发生时，就震动了这张上面竖着木杆的坚硬的桌子。
9. When a shock came, it shook the rigid table upon which these stood. 一旦有地震，就会震动竖立在坚硬的桌上的木棒。
10. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the tablecloth off the table, 就在你接电话时，孩子把桌布从桌子上扯下来，