名词:temporariness 副词:temporarily 名词复数:temporaries
/'temprərɪ; [US] -pərerɪ; ,tɛmpə`rɛrɪ/
adj lasting or meant to last for a limited time only; notpermanent 暂时的; 临时的; 一时的; 非永久的
* a temporary bridge 临时桥
* This arrangement is only temporary. 这只是暂时的安排. Cf 参看 impermanent.
1500-1600; Language: Latin;Origin:
temporarius, from tempus 'time'
continuing for only a limited period of time
≠ permanent temporary pain relief I'm living with my parents, but it's only temporary. You might want to consider temporary work until you decide what you want to do. She was employed on a temporary basis .
intended to be used for only a limited period of time
≠ permanent temporary accommodation The bridge was erected as a temporary measure .>temporarily
['tempərərɪli (US) ,tempə'rerɪli/
1. Before we go any further, it might make sense to require a temporary pause on research into human cloning in order to make a systematic enquiry into the grave questions it raises. 在我们尚未继续前进之前，最好是先要求暂时停止克隆人类的研究，以便系统地研究它所引发的深刻问题。
2. But when you live alone, the temporary absence of your friends and acquaintances leaves a vacuum; they may never come back. 但如果你单独居住，那么朋友或熟人的暂时离别会使你感到空虚，也许他们永远也不会回来了。
3. This is a temporary arrangement. 这是临时安排。
4. A temporary rudder was made on board from spare planks and it was fitted with great difficulty. 船员用备用的木板在船上赶制了一只应急用的舵，并克服重重困难将舵安装就位，
5. Another moment of tension descends while students await the domestic flight that will take them to their temporary home in America. 学生们在等待美国国内班机把他们带到在美国的临时家庭时又紧张了一阵。
6. After you deal with your hostile feelings, recognition of the temporary nature of culture shock begins. 在你对付过了自己的敌对情绪后，你就会开始认识到文化冲击的短暂性。
7. Although something going wrong in any aspect (方面) of your life now seems to push you into temporary despair much more easily than before, you have some very important things to hang on to — people who care, your sense of humor, your talents, your cat 除此以外，你也得到了某些东西--增长了一点点的知识和大大加深了的对生活的领悟。
8. "The state of Oregon (俄勒冈州) has 109 different offenses that can result in the temporary loss of a driver's license; 50 of them have nothing at all to do with driving," writes Garfinkel. 加芬克尔写道："俄勒冈州有109种不同的违规行为可导致暂时吊销驾驶执照，而其中50种与开车毫无关系。"
9. Such a provision would provide "temporary skilled personnel" in those fields. 这一条款可以为这些领域提供"临时性的技术人员"。
10. Of the current staff, 5,000 are employed on a temporary basis, he said. "他说目前的员工中5,000人是临时雇佣的。