1 [U] tempting or tempted 劝诱; 诱惑
*the temptation of easy profits 容易获利的诱惑
* yield/give way to temptation 经不住诱惑
* put temptation in sb's way, ie tempt him 引诱某人.2 [C] thing that tempts or attracts 有诱惑力或吸引力之物
*The bag of sweets on the table was too strong a temptation for the child to resist. 桌上那包糖果对那孩子是个难以抗拒的诱惑.
* Clever advertisements are just temptations to spend money. 巧妙的广告诱使人花钱.
n [U and C]
a strong desire to have or do something even though you know you should not
temptation to do sth
There might be a temptation to cheat if students sit too close together.
Resist the temptation to buy the item until you're certain you need it.
I finally gave in to the temptation and had a cigarette.
something that makes you want to have or do something, even though you know you should not
Selling alcohol at truck stops is an unnecessary temptation for drivers.
1. But even if I yielded to that temptation, big magazines are not going to get involved in some sticky situation. 但即使我抗不住这种诱惑，我投稿的那些大杂志也不会去给自己惹麻烦。
2. When you're faced with an immediate temptation, remind yourself of your long-term goals — whether they be losing weight or getting a medical degree. 面临着唾手可得的诱惑，提醒自己别忘了自己的长远目标--不管它是什么，减肥也好，拿医学学位也好。
3. The temptation was overwhelming. 这种诱惑难以抵挡。
4. This temptation to cover the distance between himself and the reader, 这种企图消除自己和读者之间距离的作法，
5. The temptation to steal is greater than ever before----especially in large shops. 偷窃的诱惑力比以往任何时候都更强烈 -- 特别是在大的商店里。
6. The children who gave in to temptation early on were more likely to be lonely, easily frustrated and inflexible. 那些经不住诱惑的孩子更容易变得孤独，容易受挫，缺乏灵活性。
7. The ability to resist temptation can be developed through practice. 抗拒诱惑的能力也可以通过练习来培养。
8. However, I could not resist the temptation. I went in and asked if they had a cheap suit. 然而, 我经不住那种诱惑. 我走了进去.问他们有没有便宜的衣服.
9. He resisted the temptation. 但他克制了这种冲动。
10. Mrs.Baroda was greatly tempted that night to tell her husband — who was also her friend — of this foolishness that had seized her. But she did not yield to the temptation. 那晚，巴罗达太太很想把自己的一时荒唐告诉丈夫--也是她的朋友，但还是忍住了。