1 (a) conditions offered or accepted （提出的或接受的）条件
*peace terms 和平条件
* according to the terms of the contract 按照合同的条件.
(b) payment offered or asked （付出的或索要的）报酬, 代价
*hire-purchase on easy terms 优惠的分期付款
* enquire about terms for renting a house 询问租房子的价钱.
2 way of expressing oneself 表达方式; 措辞; 说法
*protest in the strongest terms 以最强硬的措词抗议
* He referred to your work in terms of high praise/in flattering terms. 他对你的工作大加赞扬[大捧特捧].
3 (idm 习语) be on good, friendly, bad, etc `terms (with sb) have a good, etc relationship 关系好、密切、不好等
*I didn't know you and she were on such intimate terms, ie were such close friends. 我不知道你和她关系这么密切. be on speaking terms => speak. come to terms (with sb) reach an agreement 达成协议. come to terms with sth reconcile oneself to sth; learn to accept sth 使自己顺从某事物; 设法忍受某事物
*come to terms with her handicap 安于她自己的困难处境
* You'll just have to come to terms with the fact that... 你不得不接受的现实情况是.... in no uncertain terms => uncertain.in terms of sth; in sth terms as regards sth; expressedas sth 在某事物方面; 以某说法来表达
*Think of it in terms of an investment. 从投资的角度来考虑那件事.
* The figures are expressed in terms of a percentage/in percentage terms. 那些数字是以百分数表示的. on equal terms => equal. on one's own/sb's terms on conditions that one/sb else decides 按个人[他人]决定的条件.
1. Even in terms of biology, a clone would not be identical to the "master copy". 即使从生物学的角度看，克隆人也不会和"母本"一模一样。
2. Beauty in terms of our human meanings is meaningless. 用对我们人类有意义的词解释美是没有意义的。
3. But these terms have always been just words, affecting someone else's world, like a passing ambulance. 但是这些字眼一直只不过是些字眼而已，就像一辆驶过的救护车，影响的只是别人的世界,
4. What are the terms of the peace treaty? 和约的条款是什么？
5. We have systematically looked down on old women, kept them out of productive life, judged them primarily in terms of failing capacities and functions, and then found them pitiful. 我们一贯从各方面瞧不起老年妇女，不让她们参加生产活动，主要从其日渐衰落的能力和作用上去评价她们，还要说她们很可怜。
6. These are all eugenic terms. 这些都是优生学术语。
7. The terms of the contract are subject to review. 合同的条款有待复查决定 .
8. Though it may be possible to measure the value of material goods in terms of money, 虽然物质产品的价值可以用金钱来衡量，
9. This is a major achievement because, in relative terms, planets are very small and do not emit light. 这是一个重要的成就，因为相对来说，行星很小，而且也不发光。
10. He went to the moneylenders and borrowed on ruinous terms. 他向放债的人借债，条件苛刻，足以叫人倾家荡产。