pt, pp of think1.
1 [U, C] (act, power or process of) thinking 思索; 思考; 思维能力; 思考的过程
*He spentseveral minutes in thought before deciding. 他考虑了几分钟才做决定.
* deep/lost in thought, ie concentrating so much on one's thoughts that one is unaware of one's surroundings 沉思
* a thought-provoking book, ie one that makes one think seriously about what is in it 发人深思的书
* Her thoughts turned/She turned her thoughts to (ie She started to think about) what the children were doing. 她的思维转到孩子们正在做的事情上.
2 [U]way of thinking that is characteristic of a particular period,class, nation, etc （某一时期、阶级、国家等的）思想, 思潮
*modern, scientific, Greek thought 现代、科学、希腊思想.
3 [U, C] ~ (for sb/sth) consideration; care 考虑; 顾虑; 关注
*He acted without thought. 他行事欠思量.
* I've read your proposal and given it some serious thought. 我看了你的建议也认真考虑过了.
* Spare a thought for those less fortunate than you. 关心一下比你困苦的人.
* I don't need your help, thank you, but it was a kind thought. 我倒并不需要你帮忙, 但你的好意我心领了.
4 [C often pl 常作复数] idea or opinion produced by thinking 看法; 想法; 意见
*an article full of striking thoughts 有许多卓越见解的文章
* That boy hasn't a thought in his head, ie is stupid. 那孩子没脑子（很笨）.
* Let me have your thoughts on (ie Tell what you think about) the subject. 让我听听你对这个问题的看法.
* He keeps his thoughts to himself, ie does not reveal what he is thinking. 他把自己的想法闷在心里.
* It's not difficult to read your thoughts, ie to know what you're thinking. 不难看出你的意思.
* `How will we findthe house if we don't know the address?' `That's a thought.'｀我们要是不知道地址, 怎么能找到那座房子呢?＇｀这倒是个事儿.＇
5 [U] ~ (of doing sth) intention 意向; 意图
*I had no thought of hurting your feelings. 我无意伤你的感情.
* You can give up all/any thought of marrying Tom. 你一定要断了嫁给汤姆的念头.
* Didn't you have some thought of going to Spain this summer? 你想过今年夏天去西班牙吗?
* The thought of resigning never crossed my mind, ie never occurred to me. 我从来没想过要辞职.
6 a thought [sing] a little; rather 一点儿; 有点儿; 稍微
*You might be a thought more considerate of other people. 你该多想着点儿别人.
7 (idm 习语) food for thought => food. a penny for your thoughts => penny. perish the thought => perish. read sb's mind/thoughts => read5. second `thoughts (US second `thought) change of opinion after reconsidering （经重新考虑後）改变的想法
*We had second thoughts about buying the house when we discovered the price. 我们知道了房价以後, 对买这所房子一事又另有想法了.
* On second thoughts I think I'd better go now. 我又一想, 认为最好是立刻就走. a school of thought => school1. the wish is father to the thought => wishn.
1. Everyday I thought about postcards. 我每天都想着明信片的事。
2. Ben had never thought of this before. 本还从来没有想到过这一点。
3. But until recently, the academic edge gained by participating in sports was thought to come from the increased self-confidence, the better mood, and the ability to concentrate that comes from burning off steam in exercise. 但直到最近，人们还认为因参加体育运动而获得的学业优势来自于增强的自信、更好的心态，以及由运动时消耗体力所带来的集中注意力的能力。
4. But I always thought I was different. 但我一直认为我与他们不同。
5. We were in ecstasies at the thought of going home. 一想到回家, 我们高兴极了。
6. When he was a child, his life contained noble ambitions and immaculate thought. 当他小的时候，他的生命包含高贵的理想和纯洁的思想。
7. We should situate a thinker and his thought in their proper place. 我们应当给一位思想家及其思想以合适的地位。
8. When their father died, they thought it their duty to keep Eric in hiding. 父亲死后，他们兄弟俩认为有责任继续把埃里克藏起来。
9. When I began learning English, I thought all I had to do was to memorize individual words. 当初学英语时，我以为记住单词就大功告成了。
10. When I was taught to say "I see a book on the desk" and "I´m going to see a friend", I thought I had learned everything about the word see. 当我学会说“我看到桌上有本书”和“我要去看位朋友”时，我以为自己完全掌握了“see”这个词。